TVE "Extra Channels"

On Channels Support - About TV Everywhere it says

"Extra Channels

Channels also adds in many free live TV streams that are available on the internet. We throw these in to get our fans as much content as possible."

What is this?

2 Likes

I think the description pretty much sums it up. Those channels are included with TVE. There is nothing you have to do to receive them.

1 Like

You will see those extra channels when you scroll through your list of channels in your first TVE source.

Their channel numbers range from 6700 to 6993 at this time.
They are channels that you can stream for free if you go to their respective websites.

1 Like

How would you add these free extra channels if you don't have a paid TVE account to add to Channels?

Somebody can extract them from the main TVE source and create a separate playlist that can be shared here.
Then just include them in a custom source.
I'll see if I can find the time to do it.

Pro tip: They show up even with a completely FREE Sling TV account.

80 channels!

I tried to extract the free channels from my DirecTV playlist but all the URLs are local M3Us generated by Channels.
It will be necessary to find all official M3U links from every website that offers a video stream. Not very complicated but definitely time consuming for 80 channels.

There is this message from maddox dated Jan. 2021 in which he said that they will be "looking into breaking them out into their own source in the future though":
https://community.getchannels.com/t/free-channels-without-a-provider/25574/2?u=mjitkop

Until then, @Fofer's pro tip may be the easiest and quickest option at this time. :slight_smile: