(Xfinity) TVE not working - Cable Provider auth failed / password reset

Something to note, when i go to http://nbc.com/live i first get a blank page with only the text:

adobe-pass-2.55.1.2-4120167

Then, after several secs, it re-directs to page to select Provider, I click Xfinity.
I am amble to login fine.
It then loads the page with Guide.
Click a channel, it shows the Xfinity login screen again.
login again.
it then loads the channel stream.

my Xfinity creds are working everywhere, except for channels...so, has to be a Channels issue. maybe url changed or soemthing in the authen process that devs need to adjust...

I was finally able to get it to log on. It appears to be working. I had to use my @comcast email address and not my preferred email. Even though that one works just fine for logging onto Xfinity's website in my browser.

You should NOT use your email as per the notes in the Channels DVR Xfinity Thread, doing so causes many channels to not work.

Note : Enter your username into the DVR and not your email address. If you login with email address, some channels will not work.

AH. OK.
I have tried again, after waiting about 36hrs or so...
Was able to add back in Xfinity TVE just now.

So maybe, was some sort of time out...rate block thing...idk.

Mine was working fine and then all of a sudden stopped. Now I get the same auth error as everyone else.

Same issue here. Forced password reset with Xfinity. Attempt to update the TVE SSO password in Channels with the new password using the curl command. When that didn't resolve the auth time out error when trying to stream, I deleted the source and tried to add it again. Adding the source fails with a screenshot identical to the one above ("The Xfinity ID or password you entered was incorrect. Please try again."). The password is known to by working by logging into the xfinity website.

Please submit diagnostics. Hopefully we can find a common thread across the logs

I am getting the same thing removed and tried to re-add source since yesterday but getting timeout error.

Logs have been submitted as 780bea7d-5646-446e-b6c2-9f14b292b611

I tried adding the Xfinity TVE source again this morning and it worked. :man_shrugging:

Finally got in I had to delete the accounts previously used and created new ones.

I am having the same issue. Submitted logs (5b9735e6-9b70-443f-91a7-6d4770b53c73)

Like others have said, when logging into the Xfinity account I was prompted that I need to reset my password. I reset, it still didn't work. Created a separate user account, didn't work either. Tried to add comcast.net at the end of my user name (just to see if it would work), didn't work.

I can watch TVE channels just fine through websites and their respective apps.

Edit: I also deleted the source like others and tried to add it back from scratch. I get the same screen shot as posted previously saying invalid user name/password although it's correct.

wait a full 48hrs days before trying to add it in as a TVE source, it worked after that period of time for me.

Alright then, guess I will report back tomorrow night.

After waiting 48 hrs everything is good to go. I do use my in-laws login because they have a few channels we don't get. Seems like Xfinity has introduced some new security measures. I made a separate account for TVE only, but upon trying to login it told me I need to be on the home network. The main account works fine.

Strange, my account is a sub account from my folks.
Only is for me and TVE at my home, cause they have the CATV package with Nat Geo WILD, Disney and a few others that Philo TVE does not give me in Channels.
My account will work fine, but their owner account will not, but they have to call in to get account password reset. Will not work online to do it.

I switched over to the Google DNS on my router instead of using the Default XFINITY and channel change and quality has improved.

I use CloudFlare as primary DNS and Google as secondary.

One again getting chrome auth_timed_out lost all my xfinnity Channels.

I will try again tommorrow :-1:

sigh....yup...same here.
I haven't even been using them at all today.

I was using it all day watching the news then it started failing.