TVE Provider TDS not working for some channels

I have submitted a support requests to [email protected], but have received no responses. I am using TDS credentials for TVEverywhere, but get "Cable provider authentication failed" message for a number of channels: Food Network, HGTV, Science.
I've tried the latest release (and also the latest beta release as of today) on linux (PopOs), all of which fail for these channels.
I am able to open a chrome tab and authenticate my TDS provider and watch Food Network live.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

1 Like

Update: it appears that the problem is that TDS is prompting for 2FA. How does one supply the 2FA for TVEverywhere in ChannelsDVR?

You don't. In general you create a separate/sub-account for use with Channels that does not have 2FA.

Another option that some providers offer is an "application password" which is a generated password to use for situations that make 2FA difficult/impossible.

I'm in the same boat.
Did you ever find a solution to this problem. I have a pile of channels that will not authenticate.

1 Like

No I have not. If you are able, please submit a support ticket. They just might just pay more attention to the issue!

I got a response today. I will submit logs when I get home today.

So, Looking in the troubleshooting menu, its telling me my Chrome installation is corrupt.
I have uninstalled, deleted all the data in appdata, reinstalled and my installation is still corrupt.

Chrome appears to work properly except for channels telling me its corrupt.
What am I missing. reinstalling does not seem to change the message.

So I received a response from support this morning on my problem authenticating TVE with TDS credentials. The support person said the reason it's not working is my username and password are incorrect.

Since the same username and password worked with many of the channels I'm at a loss as to how it can be incorrect only some of the time.

Any ideas?

Follow-up to this problem.
I created a secondary user account for TDS.
Got the same results scanning for TVE
132 channels authenticated. The rest will not authenticate even though the credentials work on the respective web sites.
Channels support says the log shows the password is incorrect.

At this point I would say that TVE using TDS Credentials is only partially compatible.

I doubt this will ever get resolved since there are so few TDS/Channels DVR users.

Not sure what is used for an account username with TDS, so just throwing this out there.
With Comcast/Xfinity if you use [email protected], only some networks authenticate. If you use just username, they all authenticate.

When you go to the individual network websites that don't work with Channels DVR, what are you using for username that allows you to stream them from the network website?

Also, there appears to be two TDS selections, Continuum-TDS and TDS which both go to different login screens. See https://www.nbc.com/mvpd-picker as an example.

You have to (must) use an email address as the username for TDS.
I am on "TDS". I am not sure what Continuum TDS is, but I do not have access to it.

I don't have a TDS email address.....maybe I do.
Didn't think to try that.....I'll look.

TDS Login

Try using just username instead of [email protected] and see if it works

You must use an email address as the username.
I don't see anywhere where to create a TDS email account either.

Have you seen this?

You can access TV Everywhere programming by visiting a programmer’s website/app to access their TV Everywhere content. Select Continuum – TDS as your provider, enter your username and password and begin watching.

And here's what Continuum-TDS is

From their support site

Online requirements

• To access TV Everywhere, you must have a TDS online account (which means you have a TDS provided email address that ends in @TDS.net
  • Learn how to add new TDS user account.
  • Access to TV Everywhere content is determind by your video package.
  • All TDS customers who receive the networks offering TV Everywhere content as part of their TDS TV service get online and mobile content at no additional cost.

Wow! I wish Xfinity had as much support material available for TV Everywhere.

Now that there's an official TVE Provider topic thread for TDS / Continuum-TDS, please continue the discussion in that Topic thread