TVE to Emby on Docker/Unraid works beautifully

I also use EMBY and my main reason is that I have 200 down but only 6 up on my Internet and Emby lets me define how many mbps remote users can use ... I limit them to 2 with Channels DVR 1 user can take all the bandwidth ... Also EMBY has a much better way of presenting movies in progress. They also have user profiles... and the ability to allow access by folders. (read only etc...)

2 Likes

I use Kodi sometimes through Plex and PlexKodiConnect because it has a better/smoother picture. Problem is I have to manually scan for new files in Plex once a recording starts. I turned on the setting in Plex to do it automatically but it doesn't work for me the way I need it to.

One thing I have to Credit the developers of Channels DVR is that they have made it possible to use other frontends ... also the support is outstanding ... I will continue to subscribe and support Channels DVR.

Plex is a different animal ... I have tried different HDHomerun mimickers and they do not work so well.

2 Likes

I have used a TiVo for OTA, over a decade, and I still use it even though I use ChannelsDVR, mainly for multichannel audio OTA, although now with covid and fake crowd noise on sports, I usually just turn off the surround sound. Picture is a bit better compared to Locast but close.

See I knew that response was coming, which is why I didn't waste my time writing it out. People like yourself are if nothing else predictable.

I mean really, "Channels 2021"??? Either you're proudly speaking from 38 1/2 hours experience with the product or an employee/partner decided to open a troll account. Gimme a break.

1 Like

Exactly. The piece that makes it unique works well enough to justify the cost. I'll keep using it and paying for it, even if the client app has been deleted from all my boxes.

Again, sorry for bothering you. The drama never ends with you. Please get personal again so I can have another good laugh!

...and yet a brand new account claims it "never ends" with me. Don't get upset when your betters spot you for what you are right out of the gate, kiddo. Instead, refocus your efforts on bringing this alphaware out of its one-trick-pony stage and provide a viable product.

This thread has drifted off topic so Iā€™m closing it.

2 Likes