TVOS 11.2 HDR Sony Bravia

Just installed 11.2 on Apple TV 4K. I have the picture settings on the Sony Bravia SD85 TV set to HDR. Now Channels looks majorly oversaturated and doesn’t Sync the frequency. I have to change the TV picture settings to Home Cinema so that I can use the app. When stopping a DVR recording the AppleTV goes out of frequency sync an takes ages to come bak to the home screen. All other Apps are fine, Netflix, Plex, NowTV, etc.

I have tried the beta with the same results. Also I have turned Dynamic Sync and Frame Sync on and off in multiple configurations.

Any ideas?

1 Like

Go into AppleTV settings and change video back to 4K HDR 60Hz (if in USA). That should solve your saturated home screen issue.

As an aside, I would also turn on the settings to match dynamic range and frame rate so you can view content as it was intended.

Also…

Channels is switching to SDR and perhaps frame rate when you launch the app. You might want to try watching a movie in Netflix that causes a switch (e.g., an sdr movie). I think you will see the same blank screen delay.

It does it even if I don’t have the frame rate and HDR matching on. Also I have it set to Dolby Vision

I don’t know which issue you are talking about. You still have a saturated home screen or you still have a delay when switching?

Sorry I responded to the wrong thread. My issue is a saturated screen / blank screen / input not recognizing signal even if I ask the Apple TV to force everything to Dolby Vision like it did prior to 11.2.

Seems to have fixed itself. I’ve reset the video settings and changed the HDMI cable. Now the frequency is stable.