Two feature requests

I absolutely love the Channels App. But would you consider the following:

1. Allow Apple Top Shelf feature to start with what’s ON NOW and not simply start with WATCH LIST. This will make it even easier to get to your show… basically one click away.

2. The recorded shows should have a time stamp. For instance my recorded newscast shows the same date which is showing up as 2010 and not this week. I’m assuming the 2010 date is when the show or title was saved or created in the guide. I had Tablo (briefly) and it showed the time stamp for each newscast. For instance Monday March 6, 2017

Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Any progress, feedback on these two feature requests?

(2) has been fixed for the next build. Available for testing in Beta testing next Apple TV release

1 Like

WooHoo for 2. Solves a big problem in our household.

So is a user selectable switch for Top Shelf display (i.e. On Now 1st or Watch Now 1st) in the plan for addition later, or is this basically a no-go?

#1 will probably come eventually.

1 Like

OK, thanks for the reply.

In the interim:

My workaround to have “On Now” appear first (&only) on Top Shelf.

Since we haven’t been using the Up Next category, I marked all series recordings to NOT show in Up Next.

On Web UI, Recordings now opens to a blank page of Up Next, slightly jarring, but we weren’t using anyway, preferring to immediately navigate to All or Unwatched, but the happy dance benefit is now having Top Shelf (On Now only) & it’s very useful again for us.

Now we can quickly jump to favorite channels without a lot of swiping through the Up Next listings (as none appear) or having to drop down to On Now level.

:frowning:

Please do try the new enhancements to Up Next. We’ve improved it very much. If you’re finding that it is not in fact handing you the right episode you should be watching next, let us know.

1 Like

With the new addition of the option (re: UP Next on Top Shelf) on tvOS, we will definitely be using the UP Next in the app. You are right, it is a very useful addition.

Thanks for the function. And thanks to both of you for the option so we can utilize “our way”. Best of both worlds for us and others. :clap:

1 Like