Unable to add DirecTV as TV Everywhere Source?

An update on my situation, but I was for some reason able to fix this by switching from using DirecTV Stream to just DirecTV as my TVE provider. I don't have any dishes and just access DirectTV Stream on the web/apps, but this totally works for me.

I do have a strange account since I used to work at an AT&T company and signed up with an employee discount so maybe that is causing weirdness, but it was working totally fine until recently.

So actually, sadly switching to using DirecTV did not really fix this as only some channels show up as accessible via TVE that way vs. DirecTV Stream. I also tried setting up the Channels DVR Server on another machine from scratch and see the same problem so it's easily reproducible for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm seeing the same thing here beginning this morning, all was working with DirecTV Stream before today. It started with not being able to turn to FNC. After trying to update the password unsucessfully, I removed and attempted to re-add the Directv Stream to channels DVR and received the same "authn: 401: Data not found" error noted by jrkm above. I am now completely unable to view or add DirecTV Stream.

Chief

^ this was me, back in November.

For what it's worth I gave up on this after spending far too long trying to figure it out and get DTV added. Instead I signed up for Fubo at first, then YouTube TV. Those worked fine for TVE.

Well, on a lark I recently tried with DirecTV again... and lo and behold, this time, for the first time ever for me, it worked. It's important to note, I think, that I did nothing different on my end, other than surrender, and move on to a different TVE provider for a few months. The CDVR server is still on the same network on the same Windows box that hasn't been touched in all this time, all it's doing is serving Channels. Something must have changed on DirecTV's side or something was improved with a newer pre-release. At least for me. -shrug-

I've had this issue with DirecTV Stream multiple times lately, where I ran into problems, removed and attempted to re-add DirecTV Stream unsuccessfully with the authn errors. I gave up today and went and made some tea, came back after an hour and was able to add DirecTV Stream without the errors. There seems to be problems with this intermittently over the past few months, whereas before that it was rock solid for years with no issues at all. In any case, the phantom bits have realigned in the digital world and I can now view DirecTV Stream over TVE again.

Same issue with Xfinity. Created a separate thread on this before I saw this one. Maybe something changed today in the authentication sequence, or Adobe is having some kind of snafu?

I just added a bit to your thread on this issue, even though they are with 2 different streaming providers the issues appear to be similar due to the logs.

Chief

So I was just able to fix my setup where I was previously having issues authenticating with DirecTV Stream and always getting the "authn: 401 : Data not found" error!

After doing a ton of digging and testing on multiple machines I could see that I was not getting valid authentication data sent back after logging in to my DirecTV Stream account. What finally fixed it for me was using a VPN (in my case Private Internet Access) while I was authenticating and then turning the VPN off after it authenticated successfully.

The only thing I can guess is that something on my network was messing with the authentication. I do run a few things like AdGuard Home, Tailscale, and use Cloudflare DNS - although I had tried disabling all of those and still saw issues until I tried using a separate VPN.

I'm not sure if I'll see issues in the future when it tries to re-authenticate or how useful this information is to others, but I at least wanted to share it publicly just in case it helps.

Have you tried stopping Channels, disabling all of your third-party DNS and VPN "solutions", rebooting your router, and then rescanning?

While your "additions" may be for the sake of your home network, they are the absolute enemies of any streaming service, including TV Everywhere.

Yup, I'd tried disabling everything and starting over even including running a second test version of Channels DVR server on a separate machine, but could never get consistent results where it worked. That may well have been due to some caching somewhere in the chain or user error on my part though.

But as soon as I tried it through the VPN on that second test version it worked and it was immediately the same on my main server. I'm going to keep an eye on everything, but as long as this works it was the easiest way to fix it for me.

If nothing else the VPN "solution" may be a useful clue for others who have had similar issues to make sure they are fully disabling things like ad blockers and third-party DNS that they may be running as you suggest.