Unable to add new local content TV source

I was wrong, they did re import, but as Somebody Feed Phil...AGAIN. There is literally no way to correct this match.

When I get in front of the computer again, Ill do that.

Post your local content settings too

I didn't think it would work, but strangely enough I was able to import it named the way you did.
/ChDVRdc/Imports/TV/Moonhaven/Moonhaven.S01E01.1080p.HEVC.x265-MeGusta.mkv
And I did this on a different Channels DVR server (I run 4 of them).

So I temporarily moved Somebody Feed Phil to another directory, pruned deleted, and then Fixed Match for Moonhaven. That went fine. I then moved Somebody Feed Phil back to where it is supposed to be, and Channels will not find it anymore. I gotta say the Library in the Web Interface is frustrating to deal with to say the least. There's no list of ALL in alphabetical order in less you click a bunch of stuff first.

I'm not sure what "post my content settings" means exactly. Here's acopy and paste of what's listed under settings.

Status

Idle

Movie Sources

P:\Movies

TV Sources

N:\TV

P:\TV Shows

Video Sources

Maintenance

So I added (2018) to the End of the Feed Phil folder figuring maybe there's an artifact in the database keeping Channels from Scanning the that folder. It worked. It's generating Metadata now. So there's definitely an artifact in the database muffing this whole thing up. Too bad there's not a way to get in there and clean it up.

Did you clear trash too before moving it back into place?

I spoke too soon, Season 1 of Feed Phil is mixed in with Moonhaven.

Please submit diagnostics from your DVR under Support > Troubleshooting

Clear trash on my PC, or inside of Channels? I click prune deleted, but I did not Empty the trash. I thought prune deleted was one fowl swoop, and empty trash would not be needed.

Submitted

63a3a531-0205-43a0-bdb7-1a6a9224cdee

Fix incorrect match at the episode level only lets me correct the episode name, not the actual show name.

The episodes are still in your Trash. you need to move the folder away again, clear the trash and then try to rename to reimport

I see why everything is matching against Moonhaven. I will work on a fix

Okay a fix will be available soon.

When you clear the Trash, make sure the underlying files are not still there or else they will be deleted.

The issue is related to your Season04 etc folders which were not supported. By fixing match, you convinced the DVR that any folder named Season04 was Moonhaven so then other shows with the same folders were matching into that show.

Anyway its fixed and the build will upload soon.

1 Like

I finally got this to work. I removed both shows, deleted from ChannelsDVR and then Emptied the Trash, re-imported, and it was still messed up. I had to delete and empty trash again, then imported Moonhaven, it came in as Somebody Feed Phil, I then corrected the Match to Moonhaven, and the only way I could get Somebody Feed Phil to import without the first season becoming Moonhaven, I had to rename all of the Season0x folders to Season_0x. It's all working now, but my question is, why the heck does Channels even care about ANY Folder name? Why not just use the filenames to do it matches? Who cares about the folder names except the person that's organizing the files into their physical paths?

EDIT: I updated to 2022.12.28.2233 prior to this exercise.

Just a side note, in the Channels Web Page under Library, the Next Page button does nothing in Android Chrome, unless the Desktop Site is forced. That took me a few days to figure out.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.