"Unauthorized" if I try to proxy my Channels DVR

Hi all -

So I just found this last night and I am excited to set it up. I was able to get the container up on my Unraid server, access the dashboard, setup sources and media folders, etc. I use an nginx proxy internally so I can hit my containers via containername.mydomain.me instead of using the IP and port combo for everything, but when I try that I get an Unauthorized error. I used the /auth/logout method I saw elsewhere on this forum and when I try again via the proxy it tells me to make the intial connection via my local network. When I click on that link I get the dash but then I try the proxy method again and it give the same error as before.

Any ideas? FWIW, I have like 20 other containers proxied just fine so it's set up on that end okay I think.

Okay, I fixed it. I clicked the link to get an authorization code and copied that to a note. I logged out with the /auth/logout method and used the proxy again and this time it asked for an authorization code. I pasted the one I'd copied and it is accessing via the proxied name now.

See:

1 Like

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. One thing I should clarify is that this is internal-only. I don't use the proxy for external network access, though I will say the proxy and the container are on two different /32 networks in this case.

1 Like