Universal EPG for live Max/Netflix/Prime/Peacock/ABCNetworks

I had my IP in there, but I realized I had an extra "/" - but now, I get the error with slightly different syntax: "Streaming to the tuner failed. Press play to try again. M3U: Could not fetch playlist from MYIP:5589 (Timeout): net/http request cancelled... etc.

So you have something like http://192.168.1.150:5589 then? And you can access that from your computer?

Yes, I can. And Channels plays other channels from my CC4C setup like Windy and local weather. Yours would make it a million times better though, of course!

1 Like

Do you have VLC installed? Can you try opening the m3u file in that?

Yes! VLC opens the M3U without an issue. Choosing a stream on Peacock elicits this adorable error screen (I think this is related to the old version of Chrome). And for what it's worth, when I open an ABC stream... it opens, but not in full screen:

Peacock won't work without my chrome capture update. How do I submit my chrome capture update to the GitHub to replace the old main.js?

You need to use ncc062

This will fix abc / other channels not going full screen as well

For NBC sports/WWE etc can you make the default event as "Standby" if there is no content, or what's the placeholder? I haven't checked.

Would it be easy to add hboxmax channels soon to this as well? CNNmax and other linear channels that's aren't difficult like EPlustv is?

I am not getting proper guide data, though I am using another dvr service for now. peacock channels load fine , just improper guide data, abc loads okay but I have to script a full screen button toggle as the fullscreen script I have wont work, it has to be clicked, not hard but kind of a pain in the butt. I can fix this soon.

I'm not getting guide data either, but I was going to report that later haha... it just loads the channel name/number. Oddly, I can't even adjust the guide data manually within Channels' web setup like I can for other sources. It gives me the channel search box, but no results when searching by name. It doesn't really matter since those channels won't load for me anyway.

Wish I knew how you could submit your reposit to Github... but hopefully @m0ngr31 can help!

1 Like

Its close to working. Check chrome capture thread, any issues with chrome capture is resolved. We just need guide data to output right and we are gold

Peacock and abc channels should look good on newchromecapture 0.70

Still hoping for a docker solution on this, so that updated Chrome Capture won't work for me.

you can just have it run in the background on windows without having to use a docker.

I dont know how to send revisions on github , maybe we can submit alterations on github and it will be able to dock.

I don't have a windows machine - nor would I want that just running in the background on one. I have my Mac Mini M1 that's chugging along with a regular install of CC4C and I'm just looking for @m0ngr31's docker here to make life a little easier by having it all run from my overpowered NAS.

1 Like

This is simply not true. Before I discovered eplus added NFL games, was using for ESPN+ before, I used the stock cc4c to stream both peacock games and prime games. You just need the link from the actual watch live button pasted on the cc4c m3u.

But you need the link. Or some sorry of method to grab the link when live

I'm simply replying to the statement "XYZ won't work without my cc4c updates" that's just false.

Edit: it's not very hard to update the m3u adhoc.

2 Likes

So I'm running the "Node" version of cc4c with @doug8796 's .js file (7.0). Using the Chrome browser, I can start either Peacock's or ABC's channels which open on the host PC, but I don't get any video on my laptop. Also, like others, I don't get an EPG.

Do you get any video on any other channels? Video that is? You should see it open the video on the cc4c window

I can see video on the host PC, but not on the remote laptop. When I say remote, they are both on the same LAN.

What's your m3u

192.168.88.240:5589/channels.m3u

Sorry, not 5589. It's port 8787