Use Channels-DVR as a tuner for Emby

I have never setup a collection in EMBY what I do is send everything to EMBY then disable the Channels I do not want.

1 Like

Please look @ post 198 from Edwin and tell us what you see

Kanipek, I did in post 199.

@daldana7296 It is much simpler to do it this way - and you can even adjust the channel order if you need to.

1 Like

No you didn't look again ..

1 Like

This part

1 Like

I can get all of the espn channels in the guide, but they don't broadcast on all of the channels so I would end up with a bunch of blank channels. If I unclick those, then when they do broadcast, I would miss those events. So using the Automatic channels options in Collections, it only shows the channels that are broadcasting.

I must be missing something in your question Edwin. I'm in the Settings page of my CDVR server and I click on Edit Settings, is that not the correct spot?

Go to ChannelS DVR look for ESPN+ on the tuners section click on the number of channels ... then at the very top you should see a name in Parentheses. Let me know what that is.

sample ..

Ah, there it is.

It shows M3U-ESPN, so it doesn't have the + sign after. When I change that in the url you sent, I get the m3u8 file with all of the espn+ channels.

3 Likes

what about:
http://192.168.2.15:8089/devices/M3U-ESPN/channels.m3u?format=ts&collection=espn

I don't think Emby will do what you want. Unless you set the refresh guide to every hour or possibly three hours.
It isn't dynamic - the channels available in Emby won't change without a guide update.
@Edwin_Perez Right?

Correct when I did Pluto I had to refresh the guide every 3 hours.

1 Like

Yes that is what I have set also.

Yes, I have Pluto refreshing every three hours as well. I was planning on doing the same for ESPN if I can get the collection set up in Emby.

I do a similar thing, but I use ANY as the device name (Channels DVR filters duplicates out) and =Favorites for the filter. This limits my Jellyfin channels to only my Channels DVR favorite channels. This works well enough for me.

1 Like

Did you end up getting itsetup the way you wanted?

Guess so I wished when somebody has a problem and the forum users' chip in that they would give final feedback.

2 Likes

Sorry was very busy with family over the two days with the Thanksgiving holiday.

Can't get collection set up as a tuner yet, but the ESPN+ channels are coming in fine. Thanks for your help.

2 Likes

Do you mind pasting your URL to filter for favorites? I can't quite get mine right.