Vacation Wows

I am away from home for 2 months with my only internet access being through my cell phone. I'm using Mobile-Hotspot to play Channels on my tablet.

I set my playback speed to 700k which is the lowest I can go and still watch it.

I am half way through my cell phone billing cycle and have already used up my 50gb data allowance for the month. My transmission rate has slowed down so playback keeps starting and stopping.

I could be using a lot less data if Channels had an audio only mode. If this was available, I could use it 40% to 50% of my playback time.

Please, please can we have an audio only option?

1 Like

You can still use this workaround. Caveat, though: it no longer works directly on iOS. However, if you have remote/VPN access to your home and can access your DVR server via its LAN/local address, you can use the direct LAN address of your server in VLC to get it working on iOS.

I'm using Windows server and Android viewer. I have no VPN. Does this translate to my setup?

I don't need audio to play in the background, all I need is to set the video playback speed to zero.

My workaround is no longer necessary; this is now addressed: