Video Freezing then Catching Up?

I am seeing my TVE live streams freeze on the video and then speed up to catch up to the audio. Happens every couple of minutes Only started to see this in the past day or so.

2 Likes

Yes, same here.

1 Like

Happens on ATV and iPad at the exact same time. ATV is on beta, iPad is on stable. DVR is on 2021.12.31.0406

Updated DVR to latest beta, video is still freezing.

Can I get an app diagnostics to see what's going on?

Just sent

Sent log another this morning

Reindex results in wrong program lengthy but resolved most video slowdowns. Only see a quick bump where issues where. Remux with Ffmpeg fixed length. Is there a way to do this inside Channels? Verified this was an issue with Viacom streams such as Paramount.

Having the same issues again with CMT. Haven’t tried many others. Seemed fixed, but it’s not.

It seems random as to which networks it affects and how. Some networks connect, then immediately pause/buffer/reconnect with a spinning wheel and the titlebar coming back up. Others connect fine but then constantly freeze and play video catch up. The two issues may be totally unrelated but they both started the other day. I suppose I could roll back to a beta from last week and see what happens.

Just submitted diagnostics for this while tuned to Comedy Central using TVE on Apple TV

4841cd9d-14db-4921-af7c-1c1d62fd1a5b

And

f8267af1-3347-4c26-92a7-3d81456b12a2

I've had the same issue for the past few days as well. I see it on both my apple 4kTV and my android phone.

The latest DVR pre-release should include the fix for this. @a42887, can you confirm that is the case?

Please try this build:

1 Like

Will try in a little while and let you know. Thx.

1 Like

Seems good. Not seeing any freezes now on NG. Will look at other stuff tomorrow. Nothing better to do, stuck home with Covid.

1 Like

Tried this on a recording that had this issue (and I did the reindex step as well) and it didn't happen on the second watch. Thanks for the update!

1 Like

You still getting the glitching? Happening for me with ESPN and ESPN2 tonight real bad. Had to switch to ESPN app.

I have noticed this also but especially when watching live and recording the same channel. I found if you pause for a few seconds or click the left button once the glitching will stop.

1 Like

I went back to the stable version instead of the beta app and all worked fine. Seems to be tied to the latest update. Channels coming from my HDHR are fine, but any HD channel that’s source is TVE is unwatchable in the beta app on both Apple TV as well as Firestick 4K.