Video Freezing then Catching Up?

Having an issue where all TVE sources will have the video freeze up (while the audio continues playing), and then it plays at like 10x fast forward once it decides to catch up to the audio. So I never miss any frames, just a pause and then a frantic catch up. Had the same server for well over a year, no changes, and have tried both the old pre-release from a week ago, current stable, and current pre-release, as well as a full reboot. Any ideas?

2 Likes

I am seeing the same. I first noticed it last night. For reference I am always on the most current pre-release.

1 Like

This has been previously reported. See:

Please try the new prerelease, and run "Fix Video Timestamps" on any affected recordings

The problem seems resolved but a new one has cropped up. Roughly at the same frequency as I’d see the video freeze before, the whole stream now glitches for roughly a half second, where video freezes and audio stops for that half seconds and the bar at the bottom pops up with the show info (like when you pause it). Is it the same issue manifesting itself differently?

Edit: zero entries in the log.

I am seeing my TVE live streams freeze on the video and then speed up to catch up to the audio. Happens every couple of minutes Only started to see this in the past day or so.

2 Likes

Yes, same here.

1 Like

Happens on ATV and iPad at the exact same time. ATV is on beta, iPad is on stable. DVR is on 2021.12.31.0406

Updated DVR to latest beta, video is still freezing.

Can I get an app diagnostics to see what's going on?

Just sent

Sent log another this morning

Reindex results in wrong program lengthy but resolved most video slowdowns. Only see a quick bump where issues where. Remux with Ffmpeg fixed length. Is there a way to do this inside Channels? Verified this was an issue with Viacom streams such as Paramount.

Having the same issues again with CMT. Haven’t tried many others. Seemed fixed, but it’s not.

It seems random as to which networks it affects and how. Some networks connect, then immediately pause/buffer/reconnect with a spinning wheel and the titlebar coming back up. Others connect fine but then constantly freeze and play video catch up. The two issues may be totally unrelated but they both started the other day. I suppose I could roll back to a beta from last week and see what happens.

Just submitted diagnostics for this while tuned to Comedy Central using TVE on Apple TV

4841cd9d-14db-4921-af7c-1c1d62fd1a5b

And

f8267af1-3347-4c26-92a7-3d81456b12a2

I've had the same issue for the past few days as well. I see it on both my apple 4kTV and my android phone.

The latest DVR pre-release should include the fix for this. @a42887, can you confirm that is the case?

Please try this build:

1 Like

Will try in a little while and let you know. Thx.

1 Like