Video playback stops on a random basis

I did. Go to the sidebar, open my personal section page, go to a video, any video, in my case, in my video group, and play it.

Is it a video that's in a row? Did you play it by opening the modal and selecting the watch button, or clicking the play button on your remote while it's focused.

I can't reproduce this after the fix.

While you are explaining it, it's not in enough detail. You're using vague terms. Literally give me a step by step process of what you're doing and what the sections are and look like. Screenshots would help.

In a row, click to open video group, click on video, the details page comes up, click watch button.

I can mess with it a bit more after dinner here in a bit

Sorry, been a long day...

I did not know u could just press the play button on remote to start playback when a video is selected in Channels.
I taught my self to avoid pressing the play button, always use the center of D pad. As, in almost any situation, pressing the play button on the remote, triggers Apple Music to continue playing the last song i played. And...suddenly have music blasting at much higher volume than anything else...yea..

Anyways, i just tried starting playback of the video in my video group, by pressing the Play button on the remote, after navigating into the Settings, and the video did not stop playing.
So, it appears that it just triggering playback via the watch button has the issue currently.

NP, there's just lots of code paths playing things from different places so I wanted to make sure I was doing exactly what you were doing so I could reproduce it, which I was able to.

Thanks for not just assuming I fixed it and trying the repro I posted!

Please try this one:

Updated. Tried same process. Playing fine.
Tried playing things on other screens, both via watch button and play button on remote, and the long press the Center of D pad, and select Watch.
Far as i can tell, looks like it fixed now.

1 Like