View by Channel, not program

Is there a way to view the current live TV programming by selecting the channel, not the program that is currently on that channel?

There are two motivations for this question.

First, If I'm watching one program on a particular channel and want to watch the next program on the same channel, I'd prefer not to have to be sent back to the guide to select the second program.

Second, and perhaps more important: Let's say I have been watching a program and pause or rewind it. If I'm watching the earlier part of the show at the time the show is scheduled to end, the playback stops and goes back to the guide. The remainder of the show that I haven't seen is lost.

Is there any way to work around this (short of recording the show and watching the recording instead of live)?

Where are you watching from?

Primarily, Browser (Firefox on Linux) logged in to the server running on a different Linux machine. Both Linux machines are on the same local network.

I don't have as much time watching on my other 2 platforms (Android app and Amazon Fire 4K Stick), so I'm not sure whether I've observed this on those.

You're not alone

Both Windows 10 computers running Chrome. One local and one remote. The issue dose not happen on Android (Fire 4K)

Just confirmed this issue is not present on Android App and Amazon Fire 4K Stick. Only Browser.

This should be better now.

Haven't spent a whole lot of time testing, but so far it looks good! Backed up playback and continue watching after end of current program no longer seems to dump back to the guide. I'm going to mark this as solved. Many thanks!

1 Like