Virtual Channels - How is everyone using this feature?

I’m unable to find the comment to quote but I believe @maddox stated VC’s are not supposed to schedule the same content simultaneously on the guide. I also could have imagined this. I think it also depends on the VC setting, as one channel and another could end up on the same content by chance base on their scheduling rules.

yeah I thought I had seen maddox reference that previously too. I do think maybe I've overcooked the number of channels and the multiple scheduling processes might be part of the reason why.

If you duplicate a virtual channel set to Random, then it will ensure each copy uses a different randomization.

Are you talking about duplicated channels (i.e. same exact rules and random sort), or something else?

something else - for example, 2 movie channels, one 'action' one 'drama' might occasionally have the same movie playing if that movie is tagged both as action and drama genres. I've only noticed it on movies where i split channels by genre.

That's expected. Each channel schedules itself it doesn't look to see what's on other channels.

3 Likes

What I’m trying to get: a channel that plays one episode of each show added to the channel sequentially and then loop back to the beginning of that show when I run of out episodes. For example:

Clone High - S01E13
Archer - S03E05
The Venture Bros - S04E09
Clone High - S01E01
Archer - S03E06
The Venture Bros - S04E10
Clone High - S01E02
(Etc)

Mini Marathon is close, but that’s three episodes, not one. Season/Episode plays through all seasons of all shows before starting everything back up at S01E01, which means that the channel ends up being a Venture Bros marathon for a bunch of hours because there were seven seasons of it.

Is there any chance that there could be an option added to the mini marathon to choose how long the “mini marathon” of each show is? Or is there already a way to build a channel like I want that I’m missing?

1 Like

Virtual Channels is genius. So far, I have five. Sci-Fi Movies; Sci-Fi TV; War Movies; War TV, and Marvel.

1 Like