Virtual Channels Skipping Backward Issue

Please submit diagnostics after it happens

We need diagnostics from the TestFlight app because this is a client issue

Ah yep, makes sense. However, Iā€™m not seeing how to send diagnostics from within the TestFlight app on AppleTV. Help? :slight_smile:

Settings > Support > Submit Diagnostics

Can you please change to Settings > Playback > Streaming Quality > Home: Original, then do the following:

• pick virtual channel
  • fast forward to end
  • let next program start
  • (note the time on a clock when you observe whatever jumping issue you're experiencing)
  • submit diagnostics and let us know what time the issue was seen

I submitted diagnostics just now. It skipped 4-5 times at the end before finally reaching the next show. Check between 8:05 and 8:07pm CST.

PS: Playback settings were already set to ā€˜Home Streamingā€™

Thanks!

You need to set it to Original. It's set to 4mbps

1 Like

Thanks, Iā€™ll look again

Ok, so I found a client rule for that particular device in the settings on the server side. I donā€™t have that rule set for any other devices, nor do I recall setting it for that oneā€¦ but I removed it and then tested again. Everything seems to work fine now. :smile:

As a side note, while the ā€˜Start from the Beginningā€™ button is present, the timeline is not displayed when trying to fast-forwardā€¦

You can turn off the button in the settings if you want.

I wanted to take a moment to clarify that I'm keeping my subscription, and publicly thank the staff for bearing with me during my moment of naive frustration.

Since joining TestFlight, it has QUICKLY become apparent to me just HOW MANY activites are taking place behind the scenes to make Channels the best it can be. I am overly impressed with how many test updates are released within a given week just for iOS. I cant imagine the volume of what else is going on simultaneously with other platforms!?

Thank you again for all you do!!

2 Likes