Virtual Channels issues

Another data point, looks like I don’t have to click English first then off, you can click off (even though it’s already checked) to turn off the subs. Thanks.

Thank you so much for the quick response. You guys are the best.

1 Like

Another data point is that this does not happen on the ios beta app, only the apple tv beta app it seems.

even if the tvos global subtitle settings is set to off or auto.

thanks.

@tmm1 any update on this? It happens often and it’s cumbersome to keep turning this off (even though off is checked) every time I tune to a virtual channel.

Just a little nudge!

Thanks.

Does the Channels API not support virtual channels? I've had no luck getting a virtual channel to play via the api/play/channel/{channel_num} POST command (well, on the non-beta version of the ATV Channels app, anyway).

This has been fixed in the next testflight build.

Bug confirmed. I looked into this a few times and its very complicated to fix. It's going to take a while to sort out.

3 Likes

THANK YOU! your post earlier could of saved me a lot thumb typing today :joy:

Can you see if this build helped with your issue?

Unfortunately not, diagnostics submitted from client.

Thanks!

After exhaustive checking on the tvOS client, I can confirm that it does work.

I'm guessing you're targeting an Android TV device?

Well, looking up your logs shows I'm wrong.

Though, there's nothing in your tvOS logs showing you're trying to play a virtual channel from the API. Only channel 6197.

@maddox It absolutely was, it was channel 114 Brooklyn 99 if that appears in the logs.

Thanks.

Nope. Maybe try again and submit again.

Just happened again. Switching from channel 6033 tve to channel 114 VC. Subs turned on for the Vc channel.

Diagnostics submitted.
Thanks

And again. Diagnostics submitted. Thanks.

Thanks for the diagnostics. We're still trying to figure this one out.

If you watch one of those imported movies directly from the Library, do the captions also turn on then? Or is it only when tuning into a virtual channel that's already in progress?

1 Like

only when playing in a virtual channel so far. come to think of it, i might be wrong, but it only seems to be happening on the 4k mrk 2, i believe it hasn't happened on the HD's or the original 4k or iphone and ipad. not really sure since the new 4k is my main driver. maybe that anecdote will help. thanks.

Just tried it again. Went to a VC channel and it played with subs on. Stopped playback, played it from the library and it played correctly with subs off. Stopped playback, went back the VC channel and this time it played with subs off.

Diagnostics submitted.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks! Are you on the latest. Unfortunately, this morning, I totally revamped how subs automatically turn on when starting a video. So I wouldn't trust anything but the latest version from TestFlight as of now. I'd hate for us to be chasing a red herring and I'm also sorry I changed everything up in the middle of this!

yes, i'm on 10.13.1552. thanks!