VPN setup

Set up a VPN that runs thru my router but the Channels server still shows my original IP address. I'm stumped as why doesn't it show my new IP address?

I don’t know about your specific VPN setup, but VPNs don’t usually effect a servers IP address. That’s kind of the point: bringing two or more networks together into one Virtual Private Network. Of course, It can get a lot more complicated, but local ips don’t usually change. That’s with site to site VPNs. With point to point, the IP is configured at the switch level and will be invisible to the Channels server.

Yeah the problem is the local channels that I'm receiving via Channels. 2 are coming from SF, one from Seattle and one from back east. I would like them to all be from the Bay Area via the VPN.

You could set up an separate IP for VPN traffic. Channels will see that. Or you could go with a free service like ZeroTier which does that for you.

How would I go about settting that up? Zero Tier looks a little complicated

Using a web browser on your server machine go to whatsmyip.com and verify the vpn is actually working. If it shows a correct vpn address you may need to restart the server and uncheck then recheck the locals via tve. If you are basing your ip off of the server settings page that is your local ip not your wan ip

What is the purpose? Are you tying to overcome location locking?

VPN is working and restarted the server and unchecked the locals and no dice

Yes

I don't think anybody understands your issue enough to propose a solution. A picture is worth a 1000 words.

Do you have residences in these locations? If so, what equipment is there?

Years ago when I setup Channels (Atv) it had to be on the same IP subnet as the HDHR Connect. This means it could not cross router boundaries—but Channels was brand new at the time and this may have changed. This link hints this may still be the case: Channels on Apple TV can't find HDHomerun

Edit: Here’s the documentation link: Channels Support - Channels can't discover or connect to my Channels DVR Server or HDHomeRun.