Watch your tv

https://watchyour.tv/. Don't know if this can be added. There is a guide. Pretty cool site. Basically it's a loop of old tv content including the old commercials.

You're welcome to implement this yourself:

Thanks but it's beyond my skill level

yet another shady and illegal iptv service,,,they come and go.
I have used several, all are quite unreliable and have issues and are not worth the money or time to mess with them.
Channels DVR won't provide any support or help for such shady or illegal iptv services.
Your on your own if you want to use one and do the .m3u method to use it in channels.

They are not shady or illegal. They are actually a long time OTA broadcaster out of the Midwest

No they are not. They say Free Premium USA channels. etc.
sure, they may have collection of links to already free to access network streams.
Far as I have bene told, Locast is the only company licensed and authorized to re-broadcast OTA streams.

Have you even looked at the content it's their broadcasts from the 50's through 80's

This is patently false. Locast is not licensed in any sense of the word. Locast is a not-for-profit organization that follows the FCC's guidelines as a "broadcast translator". The only difference is that Locast is broadcasting on the internet, rather than using a tower.

How does Locast.org comply with copyright?

2 Likes

When viewing their guide, right click on the channel you want and select Inspect Element / view source / etc. to view the raw html. In the page content you can see the m3u8 url for the channel.

You don't need to be authorised to use OTA streams. Locast do this as non profit organisation performing public service

I will try to help you :slight_smile:
EDIT:
Ok, I checked the site and here is the deal - it is using blob:http://something as a way to refer to stream.
Problem is you cannot extract direct stream URL from blob object - it is a binary data that are stored in browser memory and are valid until revoked. In this case I can assume when you hit play on some channel the whole movie can be uploaded to the browser memory ( not effective but not impossible considering 1hour ~ 1GB data).
it can be also encoded string with original URL but that is impossible to decode.

The only possible solution is to find what javascript is executed on page.load and find somewhere new Blob() or Blob. createURLObject to see from what blob is generated.
If that happens and it can be automated then it's possible to generate M3u file.

1 Like

Not what I was told here by others in other threads that were closed.
It's illegal to get other areas ota channels. (hence why Locast is geofenced)
It's illegal to get ota or cable channels via any random iptv service because they do not have rebroadcast rights or pay whatever fees the major cable companies pay.
Just what I been told.
Do or think what u want.

So then I can use any illegal iptv service legaly if i only stream OTA?
Since OTA has no requirmeents as you say.
have to be careful what you imply.

Just saying, Locast, to any average person, blends in just the same as all the other "watch tv on the internet" iptv services that people can find that look legit, even advertise non-profit, but are shady or illegal. Infact, i have used some that are cleaner, easier to use, more features, and better quailty than Locast is.

But also, frm that same document linked to:
"Congress made an exception. Any “non-profit organization” could make a “secondary transmission” of a local broadcast signal, provided the non-profit did not receive any “direct or indirect commercial advantage” and either offered the signal for free or for a fee “necessary to defray the actual and reasonable costs” of providing the service. 17 U.S.C. 111(a)(5)."

By that, the bolded part, makes it technicaly legal to use any iptv service, in context of OTA or "local bradcasts" (so not cable channels.) cause many do have a tier charge ~$5 a month, same as locast, that, legaly falls under the “necessary to defray the actual and reasonable costs” statement. Only hickup here though is, that, the user would have no way to know if said service is actuly registered as a non-profit, even if they claim to be. Most are not. Most do in fact want to make money. But again, to the average, non-techy, internet educated person, that just wants to watch tv, they don't know and don't care.

it is not up to you to determine what is legal and who is 'shady'. Also it is not up to you to determine what is 'area'. I can be in Poland and watch OTA channels both from Czech and Germany at the same time.
Don't apply 'only in US' regulation for general use. period. Beside if you leave in EU 1. there is so called "Netflix directive' and 2. if you live in area when Astra/HotBird spot beam can reach you you can watch the channels no matter what kind of carrier wave it uses. period

It's the government and fcc etc that does. That is what info is being presented if you actually read.

Channels is a private made software and company and the devs have all rights to deem or consider whatever they want as illegal and un supported.
They say so when there are posts here asking for help to get working some random iptv services that are illegal.

Having m3u support opens the door for both legal and illegal streams to be used. It is your choice to use what ever...and you have a right to your opinions on what you consider legal or legal use. Etc. If I disagree with what others think... so what..deal with it.

Channels is a usa based software and design and so is tve featire I don't really care about your comments about how it works in other countries cause they are not truly relevant since channels has to conform to USA laws first and the vast majority of their users are USA.

By they way --> https://www.prlog.org/12844702-tvs-sitcom-network-launches-on-watchyourtv-powered-by-tulix-with-more-than-100-classic-tv-sitcoms.html

@speedingcheetah No it's not. I don't care about US laws and most people in the world do not care either. You are not the owner of the company and you don't where all the customers live. If you would get that info this would be breach of GDRP and yes becase Channel customers lives also in EU it must responsde to GDRP too as is the case in any other providers.

If Channels developers are only for USA then getchannels.com should be geo-blocked and geofenced for access outside Atlantic and Pacific Ocean territory. So if you are another of dumb American that donest know shit about the world (tbh I;m not surprised since you really don't get the news on tv) I will really not care anymore about any of your comments and opinions period.

My goal here is to use my skills during lockdown to help as many people as I can.
@Richard_smith I made some progress as I was able to open TVS Classic Movies stream in VLC, yaay!
But this is where things get tricky because apparently there is no single channel stream link. there is rather redirecter link something like /dvr.php?id=something and then it loads the stream, when each movie has its own ID and you can derive this from its url e.g. /index-1612872034-now.m3u8
so the playlist I can create for you may not referring to what is currently "on air".
Drop me a DM and let me know how should I proceed further.
Cheers

Love how you respect and site GRPD but completely ignore US based laws. Feels a little one sided, especially when you are discussing products specifically designed to circumvent US laws. Guess that means you wouldn't mind if we start to ignore GRPD. :wink:

1 Like

Gtfo dude. You're extremely insulting and derogative slandering behavior is not welcome here.

@speedingcheetah, You started the attitude and now that you get it in return you melt like a tiny snowflake. Just ignore this and go away. Stop speaking for others, you CERTAINLY don't represent this ENTIRE community.

No I and others stated facts. Your the one that is got the attitude. Stop trolling and go away. Clearly you don't respect Channels and the devs or anyone here. You only care about your self and your opinions.