Where Did My Channels DVR Go

I am a longtime subscriber and my subscription renewed a month or two ago. Just a few minutes ago, Channels stopped working. I went to my laptop, and it said it was Restarting. It was Restartng so long, I eventually closed it and restarted it myself. Now I get This Site Can't be Reached in Chrome. 127.0.0.1 refused to connect.

Any ideas? I'm going to reboot my computer now and see if that helps.

What was restarting, Channels DVR or your laptop?
They just released a new stable release of the DVR, so it was probably updating Channels DVR.

Sometimes after it updates, you have to refresh the browser page as it doesn't always refresh automatically.

1 Like

Yeah, the Channels DVR was restarting. Unfortunately, it happened just as we were trying to record a local news feature that we were highly interested in. I got impatient and probably shut it down in the middle of the update.

Just an FYI, Channels DVR Server will never restart while something is being watched or recorded. It will wait untill those are complete and then restart.

It will never just restart while it's doing work.

Best to just let it be.

2 Likes

I ended up having to reinstall the Channels software and then everything was fine. For the record, I typically DO just “let it be”. The only reason I even had to check on the server was that I was getting DVR Server errors on my Apple TVs.