Which clients support numeric channel entry?

I read that I can use a Harmony with a Fire Stick. Are there any other options that have numerical entry?

I use numeric channel entry on my AppleTV's. There's been a few threads about this:

Thanks. What is the cheapest combo of client and numeric remote? (Preferably that isn't discontinued. Seems like a good time to wean the family off of Harmony.)

Probably an Android TV box and a Sofabaton.

TiVo Stream 4K

1 Like

When using the Sofabaton remote, can the volume control be set to always control my audio equipment no matter what device is selected?

Yes. It is set up by "activity", and each activity can consist of different buttons being configured to send to commands to different devices.

It is something you configure.

Thank you

Just beware, in my personal experience the Sofabaton is overly aggressive with activating its display and has poor battery life. I also found its IR performance quite poor, requiring a more direct line-of-sight than other remotes.

Unfortunately, the only other real IR/BT remote option is a Harmony Hub-based solution. (The old IR Harmony remotes were great, but the wifi Hub ones suck.)

If your TV/home audio setup has good CEC support, that may be the best route.

Thank you,

CEC is great when all devices are compatible. I use a Chrome Cast with GTV and the remote is nice though lacks numeric keys. I don't seem to get used to the idea that I can talk to it.

Currently using a Sofabaton UI remote with both AppleTV and Firesticks, and the number keypad works perfectly with Channels. Just make sure that you set up AppleTV or Firestick as bluetooth on the remote.

1 Like

It looks like FLIRC works with Fire sticks. I may give that a try because I have the sticks and we already use Alexa.

This can be disabled in the settings.

Left three dots -> Setting -> Turn off “Light Up Remote Screen When Holding Up”

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.