Work Around for Poor Bandwidth

When I'm away from home, sometimes I have too little bandwidth to play a recording. I understand that there is some problem in doing Audio Only mode.

I think a way around this problem would to just add one more value to the "Streaming Quality". A value of 100 Kbps would go a long way toward solving my problem, and I suspect it would take almost no development time.

Remote streaming quality

WebUi > Clients > Playback > Internet streaming

That will give you ability to transcode and lower quality for internet streaming. It can go as low as 300kbps

I dont think devs should show any lower. 300kbps is already borderline unusable. My want to increase your ISP plan for higher uplink speed

1 Like

What do you mean?

It was my understanding that one of the reasons you did not implement audio only mode was that you thought audio only mode required the app to run in the background and still be playing audio, and this presented some technical challenges.

My problems with bandwidth don't require background audio, so I thought this would be an easy fix.

You can click-and-hold something and select Audio Only if you want audio only playback.

I only have Android. Where can I click and hold?

You can open the DVR web UI and select Audio only from there as well.

100kbps is not enough for audio + video, so that is not really an option.

Thanks, it is a long away around to get there, but it works.

I know 100kbps is not enough for video, I was just looking for the audio to get through.