XMLTV Guide Data Refresh Ever 15 Minutes

Yes, I'm seeing more consistently loaded guide data for my XMLTV sources! (Pluto, Stirr and Samsung TV) but a couple of times a day I'm still seeing Plex's guide data empty... even though I have that one set to update hourly, too. Is the mjh.nz source out-of-date? Is there anything else I can do to trigger an update from the client app, or does that only happen via the webUI?

I also noted an errant HTML entity at the top. /eyetwitch

Does the log show it updating regularly?

Interesting. I seem to have settings identical to yours and though I haven't done an exhausted search, I haven't found an example of Plex being skipped. In addition, my Plex guide data currently goes all the way to Friday morning -- a full 36 hours, which is quite good compared to my other custom channels. It's odd that yours is emptying out... Dare I ask about disk space?

I can say that since the fix I see my Pluto source getting it's daily morning updates every day (6 days in a row) so far, where previously it would skip days.

1 Like

I have 6 TB free on a 10 TB drive, so that's not it...

Just checked, and yes it is. While Channels DVR on my AppleTV wasn't showing any guide data for Plex TV, I launched the Channels (for iPad) app on my M1 Mac, and my Plex Channel Collection was displaying guide data there. So I went back to the AppleTV and force-quit and relaunched Channels, but still didn't see guide data for Plex. So then finally I deleted the beta app entirely from AppleTV and re-installed it fresh from TestFlight. And now, finally, for the first time in a day or two, I do see guide data for Plex! I'll keep an eye on it moving forward and see if this fix sticks. Not sure why it would stop displaying like that, guide data from just one XMLTV source, on just one client, but sharing this information in the hopes it might help someone else out there navigating these same waters.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Just drawing from my own experience. I tend to miss the simple solution while I’m looking for the “worthy” adversary. Then, doh! :slightly_smiling_face:

I've been distracted a few days. Just noticed my PlexTV wasn't working either. Not AppleTV, severer iPad.

It shows 211 channels after an update but there are no channels displayed on any system within the house or server.

Not that this is important here, but in attempting to submit logs .. the 'remote access' no longer works either. Have not had any issues with that in years?

Logs have been submitted as dfaae66f-2e5e-4c10-a734-7334ea7d7c69

PlexTV guide displays properly this morning. Every odd

Now at 11pm the PlexTV listings are gone again...
Who wants to bet they will reappear in the morning?

I can’t speak for all the channels but the two I watch have hours and hours of guide data.

Tomorrows guide. What version are you running?

Plex TV guide data appearing fine for me.