"-1" new episodes?

For the second time in as many weeks, I have noticed a show not appearing in the "Up Mext" section, and when viewed in the "Recently Updated", it shows "-1" for the number of unviewed episodes.

(I apologize for the odd angle ... I was too lazy to use a computer and QuickTime to grab an actual screencap.)

1 Like

Out of curiosity, after watching this evening's Jeopardy! and deleting it I decided to restore the deleted airing. Imagine my surprise when I saw this:

Please submit diagnostics from the client.

Jeopardy! is back with "-3" unwatched episodes. Diagnostics have just been submitted.

I'm pushing out a fix to the client so it never shows negative numbers for a count, but it's still weird that the server is reporting that negative number.

Can you try toggling Watched on an episode to see if it resolved the unwatched count?

Next time it happens I'll check that.

Yes, that did fix the count. Tonight when a new recording is added I'll know for sure.

The steps that I believe led to this odd state:

• Start watching an in-progress recording
  • Stop watching before the watched threshold was reached
  • Trash the recording before the server had finished processing the file (commercial detection still in process)

(This is a common workflow for this show.)

Wait... What kind of job do you have that requires you to watch Jeopardy!? :slight_smile:

The dog gets fed right around 7, so by 10 or 15 past enough has been recorded to allow me to start watching, skip commercials, and usually finish as the recording stops.

After toggling the watched status, the server seems to have got whatever wonky value was upsetting things out of its system.

Tonight's recording displayed the proper counts. I'm sure whichever server and client updates you did might assist with this in the future, but my situation has resolved itself without software changes here.

Thanks for looking into this, Jon.