1 of 3 CBS sources has no CC

I get CBS Boston on 3 different sources.
4.1 from HDHR.
5901 from Locast.
6003 from TVE along with my Fubo TVE.

Only 6003 has no closed captions. However I want to use 6003 because it is the only one in 1080P resolution.

I noticed this a few days back. It may have always been this way, but I had just switched form 4.1 to 6003.

I don't know who to complain to about this problem. It is clearly not a Channels problem because all the other channels work fine.

Any advice on who to contact would be appreciated.

CBS
See Closed Caption is not working correctly

If you stream it from the cbs website, does it have closed captions?

The HDHomeRun feed is OTA. Locast is the same feed, just re-encoded and streamed. The TVE feeds comes from CBS's website. If you have problems with CBS, they provide a page addressing captioning issues:

Yes, I get CC when I live stream from the CBS app.

Talking about using a web browser (that's how Channels gets it), not an app.

Yes I get CC on Windows 10/Firefox.
Also on iPad, FireStick/CBS, OTA, and CBS app on Andriod phone.

Can I really complain to CBS if the only place it fails is through Channels DVR?

Is anyone else having a problem with CC on channel 6003?

If you have a recording without Closed Captions, try looking at the comskip log if you're settings detect commercials.

You can see the Closed Caption transcript in the comskip log.

Find the recording
Click on the Optins dropdown and select Edit Commercials
From the commercial editing window, click on the link for comskip.log
Search for Closed caption transcript

Closed caption transcript
--------------------
0) S:     1 E:    25 L:   0 
1) S:    26 E:    63 L:  31  scavenging from the city dump.
2) S:   160 E:   217 L:  49  Like in many big cities in the developing world,
3) S:   308 E:   371 L:  54  an entire class of people are professional recyclers.
4) S:   650 E:   699 L:  41  Trucks, with scavengers hitching a ride,
5) S:   778 E:   825 L:  39  rumble in and out of the dump all day.
6) S:   906 E:   977 L:  63  Guatemalans actually compete for the opportunity to work here.
7) S:  1186 E:  1245 L:  48  Fito Sandoval, a former gang member in the city
8) S:  1330 E:  1383 L:  46  who spent many years scavenging in this dump,
9) S:  1502 E:  1533 L:  26  describes the experience.
10) S:  1624 E:  1653 L:  22  -[ Speaking Spanish ]
11) S:  1692 E:  1735 L:  34  -Everyone is working on recycling
12) S:  1802 E:  1839 L:  30  different kinds of materials.

I just checked a recording made from my CBS TVE feed, and it has CCs embedded. So, perhaps the program you aren't seeing CCs on never had them to begin with?

The same program had CC from every other source. In addition to my initial test recording, I check all of the feeds while live streaming. All were ok but 6003.

Which CBS network? If your local is an affiliate and not VCBS-owned, perhaps the web feed that they serve doesn't have CCs embedded. (The addition of CCs may happen later in the broadcast process depending upon the station.)

My "local" CBS through TVE is KCBS out of LA, so that may account for the discrepancies.

WBZ 4.1 Boston.

Then I guess my guess doesn't hold water, as that network is owned and operated by VCBS. Perhaps you just ran into an programming error, and an email to WBZ/CBS via the closed caption page on their website might help.

Here are some additional clues.

When I watch direct through Fubo, or direct from CBS over the web, captions are there.
Captions are fine on NBC (Channel 6000)
During the day when syndicated programs are showing on CBS 6003, I get captions. It is only at night that captions disappear.

Any new guesses?

One more clue.

Channel 6000 (NBC) shows up on the list with its real designation of WBTSCD.
Channel 6004 (PBS) also shows up with its real designation of WGBHDT.

However 6003 (CBS), the problem channel, shows up with the strange designation of DUPWBZ, not the expected WBZDT.

I'm thinking that this may have something to do with the problem, but I don't have a clue as to where DUPWBZ is coming from.