2.1.5 Possible bug with Menu button

Just updated to 2.1.5. When in the Guide, pressing Menu no longer takes you to the top of the guide. It now brings up the top banner with “On Now” “Guide” and “Settings”.

I also noticed this

Still seeing this on today’s updated version. Really missing this functionality, especially when the guide has 100+ channels.

This was removed in the latest version to be in line with how all the other tabs’ interactions work.

Noooooo! Any way to assign it to another gesture? Can I double click/tap/swipe something? Please?!

1 Like

So my workaround for the moment is to swipe over to the categories to the left, swipe up/down to another category, then swipe back to my preferred category (usually Favourites). This sets the guide back to the first channel. Nowhere near as elegant as the old solution, but it’s still much faster than manually swiping all the way back to the beginning of the guide when you have a lot of channels.

Is it possible to add a double-click function to the Menu button to go to the beginning? Or would the ATV just see that as two separate clicks?

Or, would you consider adding a sort of scroll bar in between the category labels and the guide grid? MrMC for ATV has a similar implementation to get around the lack up page up/down buttons on the ATV. You swipe over to the scroll bar, then swipe up/down to go through the guide page-by-page.

OR, is it possible to have the guide loop back to the first channel when you get to the last channel? This is how most guides operate on STBs.

I just updated the ATV to tvOS 10.2 and there is a new feature to help with this! If you have a long scrollable list (like the EPG), swipe up/down on the very right edge of the remote and it will scroll page by page. This is very handy for people who have a long list of channels!

1 Like