2 antennas, 2 HD Home Run Connects

Hi -

I was hoping for some feedback on my potential setup.

I currently have a Tivo bolt connected to 2 OTA antennas via a mechanical coax switch.

One antenna is roof mounted outside, and the other is attic mounted indoors. They are aimed about 10 degrees differently to pick up the maximum number of stations. Under some conditions one antenna will outperform the other, but it isn’t consistent (rain, wind, snow all seem to impact the signal differently)

I was planning on using 1 Connect to each antenna. My understanding is I can “choose” a channel from within the Channels app depending on which signal is stronger, correct?

Is there any setting or option for the app to auto selecting the strongest signal if there is multiple tuners?

Thanks,
Paul

You can hide channels on one of the CONNECTs, which will force the other to always be used for that channel.

You can also change the priority of your CONNECTs within the app, so when a channel is available on both tuners the one with the higher priority is picked.

There is currently no “auto selecting strongest signal” feature, as the app doesn’t really know what the signal strength is like between your different tuners. In the case where the higher priority CONNECT had a really bad signal and wasn’t able to tune the channel at all, the app would automatically fail over to the second lower-priority CONNECT. However if the signal was degraded, you would need to manually either change tuner priority or hide that channel on the first CONNECT to force the second tuner to be used.

Thats helpful, thanks

Paul