2 Different Clients neither working right

My New Fire TV Cube has the wrong Version has the Version for the old fire sticks.
My Shield Non Pro Channels will not load....

All I am asking is for an APK what do I have to do to get 1 that works... I can sideload them.

The offended version has been pulled and a fix already submitted. If you don't have access to 2.1.17 yet, the issue is with your App Store (Google Play/Amazon). It is out of the developers' hands now.

It is not out of the developers hands they can supply an APK that I can sideload. This is ridiculous.

We are trying to follow up with Google. They have placed some type of hold on our account and are reviewing the latest update before releasing it.

Providing an APK is not as straight-forward as it sounds. Teaching everyone to sideload a build is not a sustainable release model. Plus, both Amazon and Google post-process the APKs we send them, and side-loading a version with a different signature causes more problems than it solves.

Anyway, here's the latest google apk: https://channels-plus.s3.amazonaws.com/channels-dvr-11061912-google.apk

The problem with sideloading is that updates no longer manually occur. Because of signature mismatches, the app store version will be different and will not be able to be properly installed over a sideloaded version.

While a few users may welcome the addition, it actually creates more problems and support issues down the road for the app developers.

Fully understood.

That works thank you. I will uninstall before updating tomorrow or when it is available.... just could not take my complaining household .... needed relief.

The New FireCube received the latest update also ... looking good thank you.

Channels for Android version 2.1.17 is now available on the Google Play Store.

This resolves the issue from yesterday. You can manually update from the store to get it faster.