24 hour time format

Just a small request for the UK and other non-US locations… Please add a 24 hour time format option (as opposed to am/pm) or alternatively, just use the system setting time format. Thanks.

1 Like

Where are you seeing non-localized times? In the guide header?

How about on the Schedule tab, is it localized correctly there?

In the guide header only. I hadn’t noticed before, but times are indeed localised in the schedule tab.

This should be fixed in the latest beta (build 46). Install via https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.getchannels.app and let me know if it works for you.

Yes, the guide now shows 24 hour time. It’s great that you guys are so active on the decipherment development for Android TV. Thanks!

1 Like

Is there a way to not have the 24 hour format on the Fire Stick 4K? I cannot find an option to have it one way or the other.

It depends on what your locale is set to. The 24 hour format is default for european users.

I'm in the USA

Then you should be seeing 12-hour time formats. If not, that means your Stick is not configured with the correct country/location.

Are you magic? It's like every time I ask a question and you answer that it should be a certain way...bam, it's all of the sudden that way.

I know for a fact the Stick is set correctly, but when I went to double-check, I was backing out of the app and noticed the times are now on 12hr am/pm.

I know they were on 24 hour clock, or I would not have even searched for this topic.

Oh well, thanks again, Houdini...you have escaped another questioning session.:grinning:

2 Likes

Where exactly where you seeing the 24 hour times? In the guide, or somewhere else?

In the guide itself.