3.1.13 ruined channels! Scrub almost useless now

We were doing great with Channels on AppleTV and we got pretty good at it (even thought it’s missing lot’s of things we were used to). But… 3.1.13 messed up the scrub feature badly, in fact my wife was trying to watch a show with a friend (and show her Channels) and they gave up! Three AppleTVs 4s and one 5, all messed up badly one by one as they changed from 3.1.12 to 3.1.13. Please fix and revert these changes!

Scrub is no longer smooth, if you pause and try to go through the show it may not move, then jump, when it does move the point it no longer shows the frame correctly so it’s useless to find a place. Also, it could be imagination but my wife says it’s seems too sensitive, jumping instantly to someplace you don’t want to go.

Is anyone else seeing this?

I can verify it no longer seems to be scrubbing as I remember it. If I move forward or backward on the timeline it doesn’t show frames while scrubbing, only the frame at the point I stop.

That seems to be different than what the OP is saying about the cursor jumping around.

I just tried on my Apple TV running 3.1.13 and I don’t see any jumping around.

I just tested (I don’t scrub much) and I did see it jump back to where it was once in a lot of moving around. Occasionally the marker that shows where you were moves to where you stopped scrubbing as well, so it doesn’t keep track if you wanted to go back to where you were. It didn’t seem too sensitive to me, though.

It’s possible I am seeing normal behavior, I don’t scrub much either.

Is this on a recorded program or live? I don’t seem to have any issue moving around a recorded program.

5 GHz wireless.
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
4 cores / Intel® Xeon® CPU X3430 @ 2.40GHz

@mvchancats could you describe the issue in a little more detail? Or capture a video of it?

In case someone sees this in the future: This problem had nothing to do with networking since Channels was fine on 4 AppleTV’s until each one was updated to 3.1.3, then the problem was immediate and consistent on only the updated Channels. However, they all scrubbed fine after this one/only change: I did a rescan/update of the SD Homerun Quadro tuner (lot’s of channel changes going on in SF Bay Area). This is very odd because the problem occurred while watching recordings, I assume the tuner was not being used. As a 40+ programmer I have a hard time with this one but I have seen stranger things. Nothing else changed but all 4 ATVs scrubbing fine now!