4 Screens Running on Quest 3

I installed Channels DVR along with the Beta and Alpha versions of the app and was able to stream 3 live channels while also streaming a race on FloSports. This is hitting the limit of the Quest 3's capability (I couldn't even make a screen recording) but it works great.

@tmm1 can we get a few APKs with different identifiers for this use case? Currently you have the beta apk available (which can then install the alpha) but the Quest can handle 3 instances of the app and I'd prefer not side loading the Channels DVR apk that can be found on 3rd party websites.

We won’t be providing multiple builds with different identifiers just for a use case like this.

Could you provide APK links for the regular Channels DVR and Channels for HDHomeRun? That would at least allow me to do some testing with 4 streams on the current Quest 3 hardware.

Running our software in unauthorized ways is not something we’d ever help anyone do.

Obviously there’s ways to do it, but we can’t support or help with things like that.

1 Like

Unauthorized? Is it somehow against the ToS to run the android app on an android based platform. I get that it's unsupported but you make it sound as if doing this is frowned upon.

1 Like

My point is, we're not going to provide any help to run our app with a different bundle ID. Or in any other weird unauthorized way. We love hacks around here, but we are a software company with responsibilities.

We all know your can just do all these kinds of hacks, but we're not going to be the ones that provide the means.

This should be easy to appreciate.

1 Like