4K FiOS support?

Since products like the Shield and Mi Box S support 4k, are there any plans to support 4k broadcasts on FiOS as Fox Sports is currently broadcasting the World Cup?

Tivo Bolt boxes are compatible via CableCARD. Is this something the SD Homerun Prime is capable of streaming since it's all just data?

Yes, the Prime can stream 4K content. Over at the SD forums there is discussion about this.

I believe since Channels video player is based on VLC (please correct me if I'm wrong), it shouldn't have a problem with the (most likely) H.265/HEVC video streams.

Please note though: not all 4K content is available over cable for FiOS; most of the 4K content comes via IPTV, and not cable.

Sure, I definitely understand about the difference with Cable and IPTV, but folks using the Tivo Bolt, which is only CableCARD, have been receiving the 4K channels and able to view/record. I wasn't sure if Channels could handle that (great to know it might) and what, if any steps, I might need to take. Thanks!

Well, I guess I could have just tried to tune in, which I just did. 1498 and 1499 only show up under "all" on Channels instead of "HD"...so maybe that could be changed. I do indeed see the slate for today's upcoming matches at 12pm ET. I'll have to see if it comes in then!

The 4k channels aren't marked as "HD" by the HDHomeRun, so that's why they're not set as HD.

We've checked this out and these channels do indeed play. Not without hiccups though. Apple TV 4k drops some frames, but the Shield plays them back ok.

This is early and something really new for us, so we'll be investigating what we need to do to make playback better soon.

Thank you so much!! I was able to add these channels as Favorites so I can access them without going the the "All" list everytime. I have a Shield and yes, they play pretty well!! Exciting development.