4k Previous generation Apple tv $79

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Apple-TV-4th-Gen-4K-32GB/976529747

4 Likes

Thanks. Looks like now I'm going to be trying out Channels on AppleTV. :nerd_face:

1 Like

I picked up the Onn UHD a couple of days ago specifically for ChannelsDVR and it is working better than expected. Smoother picture than the Fire stick 4K especially with hockey. Also has a power button and system volume that the 4K stick didn't have. The only thing you will gain from the 1st generation Apple TV 4k is a system mute button and there are a couple features missing with the Onn, but the solid picture presentation at 25% of the price, makes it something that should be considered.

Onn UHD Android TV

I have TiVo Stream4Ks, a Chromecast with Google TV and a 4K Firestick. They all work pretty well, but am interested in trying a higher-end device and the price is right. If I don't like it, I'll sell it.

1 Like

I was going to get both a TiVo streamer and Onn UHD android TV, and keep the one that worked better, but the TiVo didn't have a system volume which I need for my JBL speaker. The 1st gen Apple 4K doesn't have mute so even @ $80 it isn't worth it to me. Considering how much better the Onn is working with channels compared to the 4K Firestick, I am done looking for something better for the DVR function. I am getting nearly 500 Mbps over Wifi which is about 20% faster than the Firestick. Not even one buffering glitch in 2 days skipping forward or back.

2 Likes

My AppleTV 4k arrived yesterday - performance is outstanding and I really like Channels on this platform. I wish I would have bought two at that price.

4 Likes

Yeah. I'm not an Apple person, but everything runs so smooth.

2 Likes

I'm not a Walmart dude, but so is the Onn.

Walmart makes devices?

They have their own brand called Onn. No they don't make them. Do they make anything?