5G Broadcast TV?

Interesting article about using the 5G frequencies and transmitters for broadcast TV:

I currently get WWOO's signal at 12%, so I'm not sure I could even be a part of this test, but have so many questions. For instance, how would this work? Would it require a different type of receiving antenna? Could HDHR natively decode the signals? Could a TV?

I guess what I'm asking is: technically, how would this work?

My understanding, at least for what they're considering in the UK, is that part of the spectrum used for 5G would be used to set up an open high-powered 5G network to broadcast TV signals. It would be similar to a mobile phone 5G network but with multicast IP data transmission, similar to how IPTV operates (proper IPTV like from BT, not the pirated stuff). It would likely use the same TV transmission towers and power levels currently used instead of using lower-powered mobile phone masts, though those could potentially be used for infill for coverage gaps. Current TV tuners would not be able to receive 5G broadcast signals, but if it takes off I'm sure future TVs, HDHRs and mobile phones would include the necessary hardware.

Personally I see IPTV becoming the norm as we get more and more full fibre coverage. Fibre-delivered IPTV will replace traditional satellite and cable, and 5G-delivered IPTV will be used for mobile devices and to serve rural users where fibre delivery isn't practical.