6 Channels disappeared from Sling TVE

In your browser, you'll see a box that says "Check for Update".
Click and hold on that box, you will see that it starts to download an update. Let it download and finish.
The box will say "Up to date" when it is finished.
That should do it for you.

Thanks. click and hold is key. I was just clicking to no effect.

I am experiencing a similar issue. I am new to Sling Orange, and I cannot access Freeform or TBS among other channels, even though I know for a fact they are TVE Compatible. Hoping to find a resolution.

As I've been learning about TV Everywhere, one of the things I discovered is that just because you get the channel from a provider and TV Everywhere has an app listed doesn't mean your provider login will enable that app. It appears each provider has to negotiate with TV Everywhere (or the specific channel) for that. I found this page that lists some streaming providers and what TV Everywhere apps work with that provider. In the case of Sling, Freeform isn't enabled. I can't say whether that list is accurate, but it would explain your issue.

Few OTT services offer TVE support for Disney networks, of which Freeform is one. (Also, if you get TVE access to the main Disney networks, it usually also includes other Disney-owned network families, like National Geographic, FX networks, and ESPN, et al.) Even fewerā€”if anyā€”OTT providers offer Warner Media channels, such as TNT, TBS, CNN, and others.

That sucks but explains a lot. Thx.

I see :frowning:

Which OTT service doesnā€™t offer Disney TVE? That list from the Streamable hasnā€™t been updated. Vidgo and Fubo tv do

I have the same issue off and in. The locast channels work but the sling ones work on sling but not through channels that gives me the not authorized error. Channels is crappy at support and Iā€™m looking to replace with antenna and Fire RECAST as sling already can record.

Are you able to stream these channels through their websites using your sling tv credentials?

1 Like

Yes. I can use Sling without any issues. This has happened several times. Iā€™ve managed to fix the issue each time but donā€™t recall what worked and Iā€™m about done. If my antenna could pick up the local ABC station, Iā€™d get rid of Channels.

I can use Sling on the same Fire Stick that fails with Channels. It works for weeks and then fails suddenly.

How do you use "Sling" on your Fire Stick to stream from a Network on their live feed? Does it have a Chrome Browser? You do know how TVE works, right?
Channels TVE acts as a proxy for you logging into a network live TVE feed on the web. It has nothing to do with a Network or Provider app.
The only way you can duplicate that and troubleshoot is by using a Private/Incognito browser to login to a Network Live TV feed on their website using your Providers credentials and see if you can watch the live feed.
So many people here think if they can stream with some other app (Network/Provider) it means Channels is broken. They don't understand how TVE and Channels works.

Some channels from Sling work in Channels like FSTV but most like USA and MSNBC give the notAuthorized: User must re-authenticate message even though Sling works without any problems for those channels. Channels works fine with Locast but sucks with Sling. Iā€™m wasting time every few weeks with the same recurring issue.

How do you use "Sling" on your Fire Stick to stream from a Network on their live feed? Does it have a Chrome Browser? You do know how TVE works, right?

Yes - Iā€™ve been successfully using it for months but it gives the error message every few weeks for the last two months or so.

Channels TVE acts as a proxy for you logging into a network live TVE feed on the web. It has nothing to do with a Network or Provider app.

That is irrelevant information.

The only way you can duplicate that and troubleshoot is by using a Private/Incognito browser to login to a Network Live TV feed on their website using your Providers credentials and see if you can watch the live feed.
So many people here think if they can stream with some other app (Network/Provider) it means Channels is broken. They don't understand how TVE and Channels works.

I know how it works and find your arrogance useless and insulting.

He tried to help. Good luck trying to get ANYONE to help you. You obviously have bigger issues than getting your TV to work, good luck.

2 Likes

No, itā€™s not. And if you believe that then you really donā€™t understand how TVE works. I encourage you to do more research on the topic here on the forums to improve your understanding. Otherwise, youā€™re just going to continue to be frustrated.

What you donā€™t understand is that I can get the channels to work correctly. The problem is that the authorization error recurs every few weeks for the past two months. Telling me I donā€™t understand TVE is insulting and unhelpful.

If you haven't done so already, upgrade to the latest Channels DVR pre-release software on your server. The reproduce the authorization errors, submit diagnostics from the support area of the software, then email support with the question.

The main TVE Provider thread here at Channels does mention that Sling has limited support and folks were having an increasingly difficult time determine which channels actually worked for any given user.

Five weeks ago I added Sling and got nearly 100 channels. Today it showed only 62, mostly unused channels. Rescan didn't help. Removed it as a source, re-added it, and got the 100 channels back.

There have been some main channels unavailable to Channels DVR since the beginning, that do work on Stremium but I still chose to only pay for Channels Plus because of the layout and local storage.