A&E and Paramount down

Noticed both A&E and Paramount channels aren't working. Getting playback failed on both. Anyone else noticed it?

A&E throws an error:
AETV: TVE: Stream Not Available

Paramount is working fine.

1 Like

Yeah I was getting the error almost all day on A&E and then went though all the channels and Paramount wasn't working either with same error but it works for me now also so just A&E is down.

1 Like

Same as @mike_here, on Cox.

https://play.aetv.com/live is working for me (at least in Chrome, not Firefox).

Submitted diagnostic 02137577-505a-4a65-b900-80c5a34b7432

EDIT:

I took a look through the network logs and I think Channels is trying to go to aetvlive-lh.akamaihd.net. When I try that in a browser, I see this:

So either it is a temporary issue or maybe A&E changed their webstream link like Discovery Network recently did?

1 Like

Same here as of 10:05 AM EST: A&E down in Channels (OK on A&E web site), Paramount is fine.

Not working for me on their website either

Just checked and both networks working for me on their websites but not channels.

It's working on the website for me just not channels.

6:50 PM EST - Live TV not working on A&E's website, I am just seeing a spinning wheel (trying to load the stream). So maybe it's hit and miss.

Edit: after a couple of minutes, it finally errored out on the website

I will try to contact them somehow to report the issue.

I have reported the issue to A+E Networks and, in their automated reply, they say "you can expect to hear from us within 24 hours."

1 Like

Both seem to be working again.

Concur, A&E seems to be back up in Channels, haven't even updated to any newer pre-release. Problem was definitely on their end.

I exchanged a couple of emails in the evening yesterday with A&E Networks Support as they wanted to have more technical details.
Glad to see it's back now. :slight_smile:

Edit: I just checked my emails and got one from them 15 minutes ago in which they acknowledge that they fixed the issue.

2 Likes