Ability to add "other" Channels to guide

I am a new user and I really wanted Channels to be my go to app for everything because it is the only thing I have found that puts my OTA & streaming channels (and recordings) in one place, however the lack of certain channels like live A&E being available via TVE is really the only thing stopping me from making Channels my "home base" for TV viewing.

I understand that there is probably nothing that can be done about channels like A&E live because their live stream isn't part of TVE, but if we had a way to add custom channels to the guide, even if they aren't directly viewable via Channels, it would be my go to app.

Worst case is that I can add A&E to the guide and if I select it or try to record it, it gives me a warning that it is not available via Channels and that you need to switch to another source. Best case (or a later enhancement) is that I select it and it says, it is not available, and it gives me the option to launch the AT&T TV Now, Hulu, YouTube, or whatever service I have app and takes me to the channel.

It's not perfect, but if I could at least add other "non-Channels" channels to my Channels guide, I would have one place to go to see everything that is on and I could do 95% of what I want to do from within Channels.

Thanks for the consideration.