Accessing dvr remotely

Some minor items to add:

• If your router serving IPs via DHCP, be sure to use a DHCP reservation to ensure the computer running Channels DVR maintains the same internal IP address.
  • When attempting to connect via cellular in the app, be sure to first choose to login to connect remotely.

What is connected to your netgear router on the WAN port? Is it a modem or another router?

If there's another router in front, you need to setup a DMZ on it and send all the traffic to the IP of your netgear.

I know this is old but I cannot access remotely, so I tried this and it works fine:

but when I navigate to https://my.channelsdvr.net I get this:

And though I can connect remotely and see the channel lineups, I cannot playback anything.

I'm having trouble setting up remote access on my new Mac. It worked fine on my PC, so I went back into my AT&T fiber router page kept all the same settings in the Firewall > NAT/Gaming tab (TCP:8089) but changed the "Needed by Device" line from my PC IP address to my Mac.

However, when I try to connect away from home, after clicking Authorize Access, I get this error message:

So I followed your instructions to check if port forwarding is working at check-host.net, and it shows that I'm "Connected" from everywhere. Then I ran Troubleshooting under the Support tab on the Server page, all boxes have green checkmarks, and Remote Access says "Successfully established external connection." But when I navigate to https://my.channelsdvr.net/ the menu bar along the top loads, but none of the tabs work, and the page just shows a spinning wheel.

Any ideas?

That error usually means your security/privacy settings on iOS aren't allowing network access to the Channels app

Hm, that's weird.

I haven't changed any settings on my phone, and Remote Access worked fine when the server was on my PC--I used it all the time.

Maybe some issue with 5G signal, or your cell service is blocking it somehow. Does it work on another device?

Okay, I asked my sister to check it from her house, and she said it plays fine on her firestick, so maybe it is my 5G or cell service blocking it. :man_shrugging:

I have to house sitting for her next week though, so I guess we'll see if it keeps working. :crossed_fingers:

Thanks for the quick response. You guys rock!