ADBTuner: A "channel tuning" application for networked Google TV / Android TV devices

I have fubo, hulu, and directv stream currently for testing.
Fubo (and NBC) is the only one I was able to get to work with Chrome Capture and it works perfectly.
I would prefer to use Hulu as it is a better value for me, but I have not been able to work out what the links are for the channels.

I had gleaned the application name for Fubo from the Apps Screen in Settings. I have no idea how you came up with the component name though. These things always leave me with more questions than answers. Thanks for the help!

Do you mind sharing your setup for ADBTuner in Unraid? I am interested in running the docker in my Unraid box rather than under Docker Destkop in Windows but I have only installed dockers from the Community Applications - I tried the method of having Unraid attempt to convert the docker into a CA type but I think there are some parameters missing like the volume, which I don't quite understand how to set up.

EDIT: nevermind - I got it working on Unraid - it was easy

2 Likes

Glad you figured it out.

I was wondering if The vidgo app would work with this nice configuration?
I'm thinking not because the player is embedded into the website.
Hulu and Youtube TV seem to be very solid options.

I pushed an update with some minor performance improvements. It might cut half a second off of channel loading lol. This only applies to apps that are not running in compatibility mode.

Overall I don’t anticipate there being anything else that can be done to speed things up further.

If speed is your primary concern you should buy the fastest android device you can, configure it to never sleep, and only tune channels from one app so that app can sit idle in the foreground.

I looked into building some sort of “keep alive” feature that would keep all of the tuners awake with the most frequently used app in the foreground. However, this process would have to lock each tuner as it runs and in itself would end up delaying tuning actions from time to time. Not worth it IMO.

Edit: With further testing this is working very well. At least with YTV when it's already open.
Device: Chromecast with Google TV (4k)

INFO:root:Tuner: Tuning completed in 2.55 seconds. Display was on, application (com.google.android.youtube.tvunplugged) was running.
INFO:root:Tuner: Tuning completed in 2.22 seconds. Display was on, application (com.google.android.youtube.tvunplugged) was running.
INFO:root:Tuner: Tuning completed in 2.38 seconds. Display was on, application (com.google.android.youtube.tvunplugged) was running.
INFO:root:Tuner: Tuning completed in 2.2 seconds. Display was on, application (com.google.android.youtube.tvunplugged) was running.
1 Like

Would it be possible to have a button to clear all the channel definitions to allow for a fresh JSON import? Sometimes I want to make a global change to an exported JSON and when I try to import it does not make any changes because it detected no new channels. Therefore I have to manually delete all channels then import.
Instead of a delete all channels button (probably a more complicated for you), if there are any changes to a field in the imported channel, then delete that channel and use the imported channel definition.

Yes. I will do something for this.

I have this working with the NBC app except I can't get any of the west feeds to work.

Does anyone know the correct url's for those?

Does anyone know how to bypass the Paramount Profile page to stream Showtime East and West and local CBS feed.

1 Like

nbctve://live/syfy/syfy_west
nbctve://live/usa/usa_west
nbctve://live/bravo/bravo_west
nbctve://live/e/e_west
nbctve://live/oxygen/oxygen_west

1 Like

Thank you.

I will try those tonight.
Can I ask how you found those?

What is the risk for the URL's to change often? I use YTTV. Also, how do you find them? They don't seem to match what I load up in a web browser.

It's in the developer tools.
In the browser, Control-Shit-I

2 Likes

I've been using a web browser, going to YTTV and live TV then playing the channel and copying the URL from there - it works for me and hasn't changed in 3-4 weeks since I've been doing ABTuner / HDMI for Channels - is there another way to get the links? Can you elaborate about the developer tools?

1 Like

I know i would sure appreciate a little more information here.
Getting this stuff going makes me want to consider going back to YTTV.

I've been tuning via an HDMI encoder since the start of June, and the channel links haven't stopped working yet. Interestingly, in going into my setup to grab you some examples, and comparing that to a channel link from a web browser (a channel link I copied when navigating to a channel in my browser after going to tv.YouTube.com) it looks like some of the links are different for me than they were when I started last month. But the old ones still seem to work, so fingers crossed they don't break at some point.

I don't know how to use the developer tools, either, or what that even means. Somewhere earlier in this thread, or over in the HDMI for Channels thread, there was a discussion on what part to extract out of the link you copy from the address bar in your web browser (such as Chrome or Safari). I'm pretty sure if this is the link copied from your web browser:

https://tv.youtube.com/watch/ivNHpkPjP74?vp=0gEEEgIwAQ%3D%3D

that you can just take the part before the "?" as the link to use in this project, so it would be:

https://tv.youtube.com/watch/ivNHpkPjP74

You can test it by using the shorter one in your web browser, and seeing if the correct channel loads.

1 Like

no matter what I do, my channel icons are wrong. I have tried preferring from m3u, as well as guide date. not sure what is going on. any ideas?

1 Like

Will this pass things like DD5.1 audio and 4k to Channels?

I believe it passes whatever the screen is capturing.

The functionality will depend on device and configuration.

1 Like