ADBTuner: A "channel tuning" application for networked Google TV / Android TV devices

com.rogers.sportsnet.sportsnet is the application's package name.

com.rogers.sportsnet.sportsnet/com.rogers.sportsnet.tv.ui.AppActivity is specifying an app package and and explicit activity (essentially linking to a specific function).

Unfortunately, the Sportsnet app (com.rogers.sportsnet.sportsnet) doesn't support deep linked content and has no registered url schemes. So specifying sportsnet:// doesn't really do anything. This is why you have to specify an explicit action (com.rogers.sportsnet.tv.ui.AppActivity) just to get the app to open.

At the moment, this is not supported by ADBTuner, but I will add some unsupported parsing of the package/action syntax to make this work for you.

Edit: Just pushed an update that adds the parsing of the package/activity syntax. Give it a shot when you have a chance and let me know if it worked.

1 Like

THANK YOU, worked like a charm! You are in fact my hero haha!

Has anyone figured out how to get past the profile screens like for Paramount+ and Showtime. I can hear the content playing but the screen doesn't go away.

Hi there,
I'm trying to get the encoder diale din for my larger tv.
I have bitrate set to 4500
Frames 25
GOP is 50
I'm using an ONN 4k box
Looks great on my smaller tv but looks pixelated on bigger tv with apple tv.
I want to try to dial this in correctly before moving to a different encoder.

Thanks

I set mine to 8000 and 60fps.

Just an FYI, if you are recording NBC family of networks via the NBC app, you may get a pop up over your recordings, asking you to watch the Women's World Cup. Check your recordings and rerecord if needed. Not sure how we can kill that without monitoring the feed. I noticed it because I started watching RAW after it went live and just used the Chromecast remote to select Maybe later.

Yup....more aggravation.

Hi there,
Ok here is what i'm doing now.
I have my streaming codec set to h264
FPS is 60
Gop is set as 30 as recommended.
I'm noticing some weir stuff on my bigger tv.
The phone and my 32 inch seem to be good my Apple TV is doing as expected.
Would I notice any difference with the j-tech.
Can't wait to get this all ironed out.

Did you try increasing the bitrate? The 4500 mentioned in your earlier post is pretty low. For non-action, 8000 seems to be what many people are using. For baseball games, I had to turn mine up to 9000 or the ball moved in a goofy way.

I bumped it to 8500 I might try 9000
thanks for the input.

1 Like

I've seen that pop up too and I think it goes away on its own after a little while but it's really crappy that it basically takes over the live stream and makes it unwatchable.

If you're still using the original HDMI code with the tune scripts, it would be easy to add some extra steps to do a keycode d-pad down and center to get rid of this but I'm not sure if it would work 100% of the time.

Is there any way to disable the 'Are you still watching' prompt on YTTV? I had several recordings not work yesterday. I was recording a marathon of a show, and maybe the 4th or 5th one stopped working because of the prompt.

Found this on reddit a while back, it worked for me:

When watching, click down twice. Go to the three dot menu all the way to the left. You’ll see Auto-pause; click this and change to “after 24 hours.”

Did you get Fubo to work with ADB?

I sure did! Channel ID Follows the 3D at the end.

Cool, lll try it tonight.

Works great! Now I just have to get the guide date correct.

Thanks!

1 Like

Nice! I was definitely curious if it’d work in the US too!

I just tried Fubo remotely and it's not working. Probably sitting at the who's watching prompt.

Interesting. I haven't tried remote yet, just through Tailscale (but it was fine). I've been worried about that Who's Watching screen breaking everything though.