ADBTuner: A "channel tuning" application for networked Google TV / Android TV devices

Try using http://192.168.7.70:8090/stream0 for the streaming endpoint setting in ADBTuner. This is the actual stream URL for the LinkPi devices. The one in the UI that includes /live/ just redirects.

3 Likes

Yes that worked perfectly! Thanks for this project, it's amazing to have the NBC channels back in decent quality AND get a nice 60fps stream for RedZone from Sunday Ticket.

My one request: would it be possible to bypass the "Who's Watching?" profile screen on the Max app? They've added both live sports and news in the last month so it would be great to be able to use it here.

Thanks for the info in this thread and for help answering previous questions. I'm preparing to set this up with subscription to YouTube TV via ONN box and encoder. Tangentially related to this, is there a way to capture content from other non-live streaming services like Max and Paramount+? Either using ADBTuner or with a separate product that plays nice with it?

Yes those services via PlayOn Cloud integration: Channels Support - PlayOn Cloud

I've been using PlayOn for quite a while. And it works well. But wondering if this streaming box + HDMI Encoder combo would provide similar functionality. If nothing else, I'm assuming it would capture 5.1 audio while PlayOn is limited to 2.0.

The ADBTuner project would not be able to function that way as it is designed for deep linked live channels. However, the HDMI for Channels project may be help for premium services also with live channels (like Paramount+).

But being able to specifically record individual shows and movies off either the ADBTuner or the HDMI for Channels and even BETA: Chrome Capture for Channels projects really do not have such capabilities. All these side projects are more aimed at live channels that can be put in the ChannelsDVR channel guides.

I actually use the ADBTuner project with 3 of the encoders on my URayCoder and the remaining encoder for the HDMI for Channels project for the channels that need a little more love and attention. But again those are for live channels, not individual one offs like you can do with PlayOn.

1 Like

I'm glad you liked that Uray device. Seems like a solid performer.

You could also use StreamFab or Anystream or ytdlp (for non-DRM stuff) too (I think theres a couple more that works).

Yeah, like it a lot. But there is a subtle hint of the colors being just slightly washed out. I thinks there is a setting to help with that, but haven't taken the time to fuss around with it yet.

I, too, would feel better if someone tried this box. I have a finger hovering over the buy button, but don't want to be burned.

1 Like

So I’m a cheap youknowwhat, so I found a an even cheaper option. Pulled trigger.

Voca Tech IPTV HDMI Encoder 4 HD Channels H.264 1080P60 Output HDCP to IP UDP,RTP,RTMP,RTSP,HTTP,HLS Protocol https://a.co/d/bDUakFb

Is it 2 Channel Audio ? I bought a cheap one from Amazon sent it back because Audio was only 1 Channel.

Looks like a nice unit.
Some of these less expensive unites can deliver.
I've got my two encoders and they are doing really well.
If I were building a server for someone I would certainly pitch the idea of giving this option a try.

Aaaaaand my order at the low price was cancelled, and it's now listed for a much more expectable price. Oh well, was worth a shot.

1 Like

I am confused as to how this works, I have a chromecast do I need to have channels installed on that to configure this on my synology?

Channels does not need to be installed on the device. In fact, you probably should only have the bare minimum of apps installed on the device. Only things like the NBC app or the YoutubeTV app, or the Hulu app or whatever service provider(s) app you are going to be using.

1 Like

The ADBTuner has been working great with YTTV. Install the apps that support deep linking as described above. I've got two tuners installed and couldn't be happier.
ONN 4k boxes are Great.

I understand, so when I go to the instructions for docker which I have on my synology do I just copy and past the compose text into container manager? I have a Chromecast w Google TV and YTTV

Do you have the required HDMI encoder to connect your Chromecast to?

No I don't, i was reading if I wanted to get NBC then either ADB or Chrome Capture would be the best bet.