ADBtuner “analog” but for IOS,TVOS,IPADOS

I have been following the hdmi for channels and ADBtuner threads for many months. Im amazed at this community, and how long those threads are!

Im creating this related thread because it has elements specific to the apple ecosystem that are the crux of the “hack” that im trying to solve.

I have a particular provider , Cox that seems to handle their streamlinks differently. They dont seem to support their own mobile application (cox contour) on android. I side loaded the cox contour app on a firestick 4k, but the app barfs when detecting an hdmi port and wont run. Ironically, the cox contour app DOES run on the apple tv, and other ios devices.

What i would love to accomplish (on the cheap) is to dedicate an always on spare iphone or ipad running the cox contour app (which gives me the channel lineup running into an hdmi encoder) and eventually to into channels.

The piece that seems the most challenging is coming up with some kind of control mechanism to select the channels in the contour app, analogous to the amazing work done with the ADBtuner.

As far as i can tell, the contour app is closed, and doesnt support ios shortcuts to choose channels, etc. if it did, i could come up with a slick way of automating channel tuning.

Are there any other people in our channels community using cox contour that have put any thought into this?

Right now ive got a couple of spare ios devices kicking around that could act as tuners if i could solve the control mechanism.

Thanks in advance

The "walled garden" (and they just keep building the walls higher) is probably going to prevent being able to do something like you have in mind.

There are other possible approaches though. Have you looked at how Cox handles streaming to a browser? If you're lucky they have URLs you can use for each channel, in which case you can use the Chrome Capture project (cc4c) to get the feeds into Channels.

If you're not so lucky, you still might be able to do it using Puppeteer to automate the process of changing from one channel to another. Someone did some recent work like this for using DTVStream in cc4c -- though I don't believe he's posted his work anywhere yet.

Yeah you might be able to use cc4c. I am on Cox business and dont have residential service. when i try to watch tv on their website it fails and tells me to connect from my home wifi. So as long as you are at your address you might be able to use cc4c ok.