Add Default Channel Type Option to Recordings & Passes Settings

Can you add an option to select the default channel as SD or HD when creating a new recording or pass using the default options?

Now whenever I create a new series pass using the guide or search option I have to login to the website after creating the pass and modify the pass to enter the HD channel number for the recordings.

It would be nice to have a default setting option to indicate whether the series should be recorded as SD, HD or ANY. Then there wouldn’t be a need to modify the passes I create using the default options and it would automatically select the correct channel number.

Thanks

The DVR already always prefers HD channels first. When it goes to make a recording that available on multiple channels, first it will try any channels which are favorited, then it will try any channels which are HD, and finally it will fallback to SD channels.

So there is no need to edit and add channel numbers. You can favorite channels you watch the most, and trust that the DVR will do the right thing.

So if you have both the HD and SD channel in your favorites it should always default to recording the HD version of the channel?

Correct. Atleast, as long as the show you're trying to record is airing on the HD and SD channel at the same time.