Add full information for a show when you press the down button in playback

When you hit down while watching a show, you see the info for that show. However, it's very brief, just a simple description. On every other DVR I've seen when you hit info/select etc. you see the full info - start time, length, channel, original air date etc. Same info you see in Channels when browsing recordings, in other words. Looks like there's plenty of room to display all this in the info pane.

Or press down a second time for the full detail or something like that

The info is already there, it's a little head scratching why it's not used. Sometimes you just want to know more about the show you're watching.

When playing back a recording and pressing/swiping down to show the recording info, it lists:

• Title
  • Episode title
  • Season number
  • Episode number
  • Original air date
  • Episode summary
  • Video format information

The length is shown in the timeline.

The only thing that seems to be missing from your list is start time and channel.

As Channels organizes its recordings into a library, we don’t consider those two pieces of information inherently important while actually watching the episode.

While we show it when browsing, we think it’s ancillary information that would be very cluttered when checking info on the show while watching it.

We think we have most of what is important covered.

Ah, it could be that because I primarily watch sports and news I don't see the other stuff that you would get on shows etc. Thanks for the response.

1 Like