Add secondary away from home authentication option

I would like others in my house to be able to login to Channels DVR while traveling and away from home, without exposing the primary account login details.

I would like to associate a secondary account to use with my DVR that can be used for remote authorization. Ideally this would be just another username/password that can be enabled by the primary account. This secondary account wouldn't have access to anything except the DVR (no payment info, no ability to post on forum, etc.)

I need an easier way for family to use channels while traveling. While traveling, they use one-off devices like computers, Apple TVs, random tablet, etc. that are usually at the location they travel to (relative's house, airbnb, etc). So I can't setup tailscale or anything fancy and just want a way for them to get it working quickly, without involving me and the primary password.

I don't need any big changes to CHDVR like multi-user capabilities etc. Just another auth!

Thanks for making such a great product that everyone wants to use so much that we have these kinds of issues!

Related thread, with developer feedback and some “workarounds:”

Also something to keep in mind:

2 Likes

Thanks for the links! I can live with the forever auth (and it looks like it will be addressed at some point), but good to know. And there are workarounds that I’m now aware of.

1 Like