Add way to filter library content to recorded items only

I would like a simple way to filter my library to recorded content only.

Ever since I started using local content with Channels, I cannot easily find only my recorded content. Recordings are intermixed with local content.

Detailed use case

• I am on an ATV client device
  • I notice space is getting low, or a failed recording due to out of space
  • I want to go through all the recorded content to find things to delete

There is no easy way to do this. The Recordings page is geared towards the most recent things recorded, but when deleting, I have different criteria. I might want to delete the oldest things recorded. Or the things I've already watched. Or an entire show at once.

A filter or category in the library for recorded content might be a simple way to solve this.

I would suggest using the web admin for this, as you are asking for management functionality.

In this case, the Manage page on the web admin is exactly what you’re looking for. It lets you filter and sort in lots of ways, as well as what you are asking.

It also has batch management functionality.

You can find it at DVR > Manage

The type of work flow you’re asking for will never be in the actual client. This is what the web admin is for.

Thanks, that page is helpful and I have used it in the past. However, isn't this a standard workflow for a DVR user: managing your available space? The primary users are family members who only use the ATV interface.

Sure you can delete all you want. But we don’t really differentiate recordings from imports, it’s all just your library.

If you want to clear space, then find something and delete it.

If you do need more tools to make those decisions, the web admin is prepared to help you with that.

But for the record, storage is so cheap and huge, constantly managing free space isn’t really a thing most Channels fans have to do.

Additionally, if you’re having to manage storage a lot, you may want to adjust your prune settings for your series passes. Set them to only keep a few things or to just keep the unwatched episodes. This will let Channels help manage storage for you.

The problem is, the imported content is not on the DVR server. So it doesn't affect DVR storage space. Deleting that content wouldn't help.

I wouldn't bet on this. I find that DVRs (like junk in a garage) always grow to fill the storage size available. Our DVR recordings consume about 8 TB right now and if I allocated 20 TB for them, I don't think it would take long to fill. It may be interesting to survey and see if I am in the minority of users, or if others have large collections that fill all the available space.