Adding an additional USB drive to RPi

I have 2 drives, one SSD USB with the CDVR Pi image running on it and some storage capacity but not enough. I have another HDD USB drive with the CDVR Pi Image loaded on it as well that I would like to use only for recordings. My preference would be to run to SSD only for the OS and the HDD only for recordings.

I booted up the Pi with the SSD then added the HDD and here is what I see:

• Under "Operating System" I see both drives and I have the ability to unmount the HDD
  • Under "Basic Setup" my DVR is the SSD but grayed out with no option to select something different.
  • Under "DVR Database" I added the HDD but it will not let me swap it with the SSD.

The additional drive does not need the CDVR image flashed onto it. It should just be formatted as a simple drive using exFAT.

Uncheck the checkbox above to allow changes.

1 Like

Thanks. Thought the checkbox was selecting the use of the DVR. Do I need to move my current recordings now?

1 Like

No, as long as you add the old path under additional storage locations.

Will it cause a problem if it is left on that drive? Prefer to be able to have a quick way to get back up and running if the SSD takes a dump

I guess not.

Seems to be fine. Might be a different story if the power goes out and they both come to life at the same time! :slight_smile: