Adding IP Camera (Dericam P2)

I’ve been playing around with Pluto and was able to successfully add it as a source to Channels.

Next project is adding an old IP Camera (Dericam P2) I have to the mix, but I can’t figure out where I’m going wrong. I went to ispyconnect.com and plugged in my cameras IP address, username, and password and it spit out a rtsp://. I selected add source and added it as a MPEG-TS and pasted the rtsp:// under the URL box.

I then created another URL that ended in .jpg for the guide. It’s not showing any channels though once I save it, it remains at zero.

I’m a total beginner at this so any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

I

Guide data isn’t necessary for. Camera, you’ll just have blocks of content with the camera name.

That’s fine, guide data isn’t necessary. I’m having trouble getting the video feed to play in channels.

How do I generate a m3u feed to enter as a source?

Each camera is different so there is no single answer. Ispyconnect is a good resource to check to get the url for your model of camera. I would recommend using VLC to verify the url is working before adding it to your .m3u file.

I got it working, but there is about a 25-30 second delay and it takes about 20 seconds for the video to start when selecting it from the guide.

I was adding the rtsp:// to the URL section when I needed to change it from URL to TEXT and put it there.

Any ideas or recommendations on how to speed this up?

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="Backyard" channel-number="1.4" tvg-name="Backyard" tvc-guide-title="Backyard" tvc-guide-description="Live view from Backyard" tvc-stream-vcodec="h264" tvc-stream-acodec="aac" tvc-guide-art="http://192.168.1.29:9000/images/rtsp/Backyard.jpg",Backyard
rtsp://account id:[email protected]/h264Preview_01_main

works for me

1 Like